xisto Community
Judman

Firefox Or Internet Explorer that is the question...

I prefer Firefox so much more. With all of the features like tabbed browsing and extensions I could never use Internet Explorer again. I don't think that Firefox will become more popular than Internet Explorer for a while. Once Firefox is bundled with new PCs is when Firefox will finally become more popular than Internet Explorer.

I am so stupid... I forgot the link to the site:http://globalrs.50webs.com/guides/

You should probably have started your own thread for this cos it's a bit off topic but maybe you could try attaching the menu class to the <td> e.g.:

<td bgcolor="#BBC9D7" class="menu" align="center" height="100%">
then change your CSS to this:

td.menu a:link {display:block;width:100%;height="100%";backgrouond:#BBC9D7}td.menu a:visited {display:block;width:100%;height="100%";background:#BBC9D7}td.menu a:hover {display:block;width:100%;height="100%";background:#D1DCEB}td.menu a:active {display:block;width:100%;height="100%";background:#BBC9D7}

Once Firefox is bundled with new PCs is when Firefox will finally become more popular than Internet Explorer.

I wouldn't hold your breathe on that one.

My current choice of browser would be Firefox, mainly because of the current flaws in Internet Explorer, so I make the switch to firefox. I remember the beta of firefox, code named Firebird.

There are pros and cons to both. Overall, I feel that Firefox would be a better choice for several reasons. It is slightly faster overall for surfing websites. It blocks most pop-ups, and stops almost all ad-aware cookies / spyware. It's free, user-friendly, and is constantly updated with new releases coming out. The Find feature (Ctrl + f) makes searching for key words very easy, and the options to clear out your history, cookies, cache, and other files is extremely fast compared to IE, and easy. I also think they are more active and concerned for security issues than Microsoft.IE on the other hand works with virtually any webpage so things show up the way they should. I've only had one webpage not show up quite right when using Firefox. Not a big deal, but still...I'm a Firefox person. :rolleyes:

I use Firefox most of the time, although I am now using an IE-based browser my friend has developed. It runds very smoothly and is far better than IE. I have suggested some FF features and they are being implemented, so I am using that.

I used - and I still use Firefox to a large extent, and it's definitely my preference over IE, because I use tabbed browsing a lot, and I'm not particularly picky about a few pages not showing up properly. Once I switched to Linux, I didn't have much of a choice. Although I use Opera more than I use Firefox - partly because there is a skin I have fallen in love with, and partly because I like the way the mail client is integrated into the browser - Firefox is very cool, and I'd vote for it, especially against IE.

Everyone I know who uses Firefox absolutely loves it. The best feature, they say, is the tabs. And being open source is always a plus. I've never personally had any troubles with IE, but Firefox really does sound like the better choice. I'll probably end up switching over someday.

now that i have started making webpages in my mind i would say IE cuz it shows java cuz one time i made a site and wanted to show my friend but the jave didnt work at his house so it wasnt as cool

I love Firefox. Internet Explorer doesn't block pop-ups, it takes kinda long to load stuff, and it doesn't have tabbed browsing! I use tabbed browsing a whole ton in surfing the web, so Firefox is my choice!

Well I'm Currently Using Internet Explorer6.Both IE6 And Firefox Are Better At Some Things, Like You Can't Liek View Your Glowing Username, And With Firefox It Blocks Pop-Ups. I'm Going To Try Firefox Again Today, I Will Tell You What I Think Later.

Well I'm Currently Using Internet Explorer6.

Both IE6 And Firefox Are Better At Some Things, Like You Can't Liek View Your Glowing Username, And With Firefox It Blocks Pop-Ups. I'm Going To Try Firefox Again Today, I Will Tell You What I Think Later.

147836[/snapback]

yes i agree with you firefox is well known for its speed internet explorer is well known for a range of things