xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
varalu

Govt Paid $6 Mn To Taliban To Agree To Ceasefire

Ok. Some interesting news after some time. One of my friends recently passed a link that had information about the peace deal signed between the Pakistan government and the Taliban forces. I was a bit shocked initially and thought this is not possible. But after going through some of the links from reliable new reporting sites, I had no choice. It has indeed happened. I also believe that without even a small trigger, there could not be so much fuzz. So something has indeed happened...

The Taliban forces in Pakistan's Swat valley has received Rs 480 million ($6 million) in compensation(for the losses they have suffered from the Pakistan forces attacks) from the government after agreeing to a ceasefire with security forces for an indefinite period. Reports also suggest that this deal was in the pipeline for quite some time... This news was first reported by Italian press and slowly the news has spread to every corner. Hmmm...

More information in the below link:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

What do you think?

After reading this If I said how it makes me feel. I would be banned for life. I happen to have lost 6 good friends in the 9-11 attacks. And now finding out that the Taliban was given $6M. It pisses me off. That only aids them in getting more wepons and maybe even dirty bombs for what? to kill more inocent people.

Wait, that report confused me. It makes it sound like it is another country that paid the debt, yet it talks about the "US donation" as well. Do you happen to know who the debt was actually paid by?And I would not doubt that it was the US mostly, because of Obama. I have been saying since he came up with his off the wall ideas(private military, bail out, huge refund checks to people, etc.) that he is going to screw over the US. And he has already started.For the record, Obama has been proven to have links to various terrorist organizations that he was actually part of in one way or another. The information was known. The information was public knowledge. But because he's not white, people were all over this "let's make a black man president!" crap. That is the *sole* reason he is the president now.So for him to request that Congress add in to the funds being paid to terrorists, I would not doubt it.

Wow I didn't know that any other country would actually pay out to terrorists, its going to help support them. They will use it to buy more weaponry. Even if a country is losing people, you would'nt actually give money to the world's enemies, would you?

When I read this thread's topic, I did a classic "Whoa... wait... what?" moment. As I read the actual article, a specific word caught my eye:

The Taliban in Pakistan's restive Swat valley received Rs 480 million ($6 million) in compensation from the government after agreeing to a ceasefire with security forces for an indefinite period...

*begin cheesy Arabic accent*

"Thank you for the monies, gentlemen. We will cease fire for a period of one day and enjoy the peace that these negotiations bring." *BLAM!* "Oops, sorry... the timeframe I just announced was not definite. Oh well. Commence conflict again."

*end cheesy Arabic accent*

-

Doing the usual kick of wandering over to Wikipedia to learn more about the Taliban before I spout off jargon based on nothing but what little I know, it looks like this isn't anything new. The U.S. has, in the past, bolstered what we have come to see as a threat today. Back in the days of the Cold War, we threw funds, weapons, and equipment to Afghan radicals to help fend off the Soviets, and

by 1987, 65,000 tons of U.S.-made weapons and ammunition a year were entering the war.

Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence Agency (ISI) was mostly responsible for gathering and organizing what we know as the Taliban today.

If it appeases this action in any way, the funds are supposed to help fix what Pakistani security forces destroyed. You know, like houses and compensation for lives and such. Because I'd love to cash out for lives lost any day. :)