xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

1000 Yrs Of Globle Warming irreversible for next 1000 years: study

As a lot of you know I am a real non believer in all this Globle Warning stuff, and when I saw this I had to kind of laugh.
Study

Researchers examined the consequences of CO2 building up beyond present-day concentrations of 385 parts per million, and then completely stopping emissions after the peak. Before the industrial age CO2 in Earth's atmosphere amounted to only 280 parts per million.

To me that is bunk. mainly because they say Present-day. Hello there a lot more people on earth now than way back when. Yes the CO2 will be up. I will say that yes there is more industrial use now. But you have to look at it this way too. Industrial use is not the only problem if this Globle Warming is true and not just a cycle that the earth is going through. I still say it is a phase. but I will say this however. I think the 1000 years is saying a bit much. things can change if we wanted them too. But trying to get people to stop using there cars suv's and things like that would be like drilling for oil in a sandbox full of mud.

As a lot of you know I am a real non believer in all this Globle Warning stuff, and when I saw this I had to kind of laugh. Study

To me that is bunk. mainly because they say Present-day. Hello there a lot more people on earth now than way back when. Yes the CO2 will be up.
I will say that yes there is more industrial use now. But you have to look at it this way too. Industrial use is not the only problem if this Globle Warming is true and not just a cycle that the earth is going through. I still say it is a phase. but I will say this however. I think the 1000 years is saying a bit much. things can change if we wanted them too. But trying to get people to stop using there cars suv's and things like that would be like drilling for oil in a sandbox full of mud.

We had a huge discussion in my science class(Geology) about global warming, and we were told that it is true, but humans have no impact on it whatsoever.

With what we learned the atmosphere changes on its own. Along with this, the earth is slowly getting closer to the sun.

Those are the two contributing factors in "global warming."

So unless people want to prove that we are somehow pushing earth closer to the sun, out of orbit, I refuse to believe that humans are impacting global warming.

We had a huge discussion in my science class(Geology) about global warming, and we were told that it is true, but humans have no impact on it whatsoever.
With what we learned the atmosphere changes on its own. Along with this, the earth is slowly getting closer to the sun.

You know RPG, you and me think alike. I honestly feel that this whole Globle Warming Bunk was something cooked up by Al Gore and the Goverment to try and get people to stop using so much energy and making such a mess of the world with there garbage. If what your saying is correct and it is. This is just a phase that the earth is going through. Like tonight I found this. January Temperature Slightly Above Average for U.S.
I do not know about where you live. But here in New Jersey it was a very cold Jan. I have a friend that I talk with daily also and he is in Fla. They even had a large amount of days that was well below normal. Again look at all that cold and snow they had in the mid west during Jan? Yet that says that the temps was slightly above normal? I think not. To me this is sounding more and more like a ploy from someone to get people to stop using so much energy. If it is they are going about it the wrong way. They are lying to us. All they need to do is to tell us the truth. But that wouldnt be Washingto DC would it.

The Facts are there my friends. all you need to do is to look around not only in the internet but around you. Man Made Globle Warming is a down right lie.
The Earth does this every couple of million years. Some are worse than others and some are well. killers. Hence when the Dinosours died. Some say it was a Astroid, I think it was due to one of these Phases. If you do a search of the internet. you will see that at times the earth has become warming and cooler. even a mini ice age at time.

Well the issue is that most people can not think for themselves. They do this "Oh, it was on the news. It's 100% true!" thing.There are many things that are false that are on the news daily. One of the other huge ones is that we have no reason being in Iraq and/or there are no WMD's there. Those who really feel that way are ignorant and listen to nothing but the news.I can go off and list well over 20 concrete reasons as to why the war in Iraq is necessary.Just like the Global Warming scenario, the people who believe what is on the news all the time(that we cause global warming) aren't able to think on their own.The news media is just like wal-mart, microsoft, etc. Their sole purpose is to earn money. I think journalism should be a required class in high school; then people would start to understand that the news is just a business like any other.

I agree on the global warming, that our impact on is is really really very small, nature is just is what we can't control so easily, we usually live only 20-100 years, there is no statistics, you say that it is a really cold winter, or for someone it's really a warm winter, but maybe something like that happened some time ago too? You just weren't there..We have earthquakes, earth is changing, even though very slowly from our perspective, but it is changing, earth crust is moving, usually due to that we have earthquakes, volcanic activities, landslides and etc. you can't live on earth and want that nothing would change, that all the year cycles would be the same and monotonic, things change and has always changed since the beginning, I doubt if something might change if we will stop using all our industry, it may even bring bad side effects like another ice-age :D What is changing because of our impact, is that we take the place of animals, we need more space, they have less space and so on..But still, pollution and polluting our planet is also bad, I accept the idea that it's much better to move to different energy, solar, wave, wind and etc. alternative to the current, of course for someone it's really a big business to sell oil, gas and other resources just for power and money, we still breath that pollution in big cities we have smog, the waste is going somewhere, to rivers , to lakes, underground, which is just bad for us people.. Pollution is bad for people and for other animals as well..Some ironic stuff: I really liked how on South Park they made fun of why global warming exist, because people are farting :D or as I remember, the same on Futurama, they explained that global warming is because of robots are burping, which really is funny to irony all the news articles which say that global warming is due to people impact or on all that articles with really scary nature titles :P

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)

Some ironic stuff: I really liked how on South Park they made fun of why global warming exist, because people are farting :P or as I remember, the same on Futurama, they explained that global warming is because of robots are burping, which really is funny to irony all the news articles which say that global warming is due to people impact or on all that articles with really scary nature titles :D

To break down onto your South Park view, it actually has some truth behind it, but it is not about humans.

With what I found during research a couple years back when I had to look this up for an English class, cows' gas releases methane gas. This methane gas helps deplete the ozone.

This view has actually been proven time and time again. But it still shows that people do not have an impact based on what we do. Even if our gas causes it(I did not find anything to prove it right or wrong), it is a normal human function. Not having gas would actually cause you to die(or is my understanding.)

To break down onto your South Park view, it actually has some truth behind it, but it is not about humans.
With what I found during research a couple years back when I had to look this up for an English class, cows' gas releases methane gas. This methane gas helps deplete the ozone.

lmao I love your way of thinking there. And your right. people do not think of cow beeps into all this too. Not just that but landfills even something as little as roadkill, will put out methane gas.

The topic starter raises an issue that dare not be ignored by Trap 17 readers. "Global warming," as put forth by the Al Gore sheisters of the world is a comical FARCE in our face every time we turn on that infernal boob tube or pick up a mainstream newspaper. Guess what? Both forms of dissemination are owned and operated by the right arm of our illegitimate government. Yes, the legitimate government our founding fathers instituted in earnest has long been usurped by traitors, as Jackson would have it; traitors like the forementioned who would willingly sacrifice self and country for similar deceptions.

And make no mistake, "Global Warming" is a sham, a LIE. Thank you, topic starter, for bringing this scam to our attention! I, for one, have long since taken issue with the bogus science. Watch where this pseudo science takes us, dear reader. Soon, the Al Gores of this world will tax you for every breath you take, every crap you take - all in the name of "Global Warming" and "Carbon Credits." Speaking of Al Gore, let's not forget this individual profited greatly by the 9-11 tragedy, and continues to travel by private jet. So much for curtailing personal "carbon credits."

Your very welcome. But I was not proving it was a scam. I point was. This so called Global warming Is not Just Man made if there is such a thing as G.W. Yes something is changing with Mother Nature. Is it G.W. Or A phase of the earth. I don't know for sure and neather to they. Nobody is 100% sure of what is causing this. But I do fell as Al Gory Gore is making it out to be more of a man made thing than a Earth Phase.edited Spelling Fixed :D

Edited by Echo_of_thunder (see edit history)

You know, I find it very interesting that there is no articles against global warming in science papers, but only written by some dumbass who didn't know what the hell he/she was talking about. I don't know about this stupid Al Gore who's house uses more energy than a 10 normal households combined. As far as I'm conserned, you can freely shove those "carbon credit"-BS up in his *bottom*. He is making money because people feel guilty, not because they really want to stop climate change. And who know what the hell he's doing with all that money, buying a new fancy house perhaps?Global warming has been proved, there is no need for other proof. Politicans want to keep people consuming a lot so money keeps rolling. Because USA is a big market area for a lot of big companies that are sponsors of the same damn politicans! If somebody here wants to somehow (I don't know how you gonna do that) proove SCIENTIFICALLY that gases like carbon dioxide, methane and sulfide oxide don't cause warming in the climate, I would like to speak with him/her.You can easily just look at a greenhouse and see how it works: sun's radiation goes in, but doesn't come out. Why? Because there's gas that doesn't let the heat to get mirrored. The earth is not moving towards the sun, in fact, earth is doing the exact opposite. Because of the centrigular force, earth is moving away from sun, and will someday be out of it's gravity field. The same way moon is moving 3 cm away from earth every year.I don't like articles where somebody says "the scientific tests show that..." STOP which scientific test? who did it? where was it done? Unless you start answering these questions you have 0 % reliability on your so called "research".And I see a lot of people here saying "well here it is much colder than it should be so I don't belive in global warming" What the hell are you thinking? Just because it's global warming it may not consern your area, think in a bigger scale, not in your backyard! Climate is a complicated thing, in your area it may seem like it's getting colder but you don't think that in Greece they'll have more winter rain and so it will be warmer there. 40 % of global warming is being caused by the incresing radiation of the sun, the other 60 % is our fault.And many government's scientific research is often fingered. Look at USA's nutrition pyramid in 2004: There it is said that 40-60 % of food must be carbonhydrates... That's just insane, I saw a document about this and did some research, it seems to me (and many others) that your government has fingered the results so people would use more wheat, corn and other same kind grain products, but first of all: for the cereals. Yea you read it right, cereals are big business.To Echo: I'm sorry but it's "global" not "globle".

Edited by baniboy (see edit history)

Well. You're right. Earth changes by itself with no need for us, destructive humans. It's natural. Remember that the only thing that is constant is change :D And yes, change is happening. A swiss guy I know told me that when he was a child he used to see the Swiss Alps with snow at the top most of the time and now they hardly ever have snow. On the other hand, they talk about global warming one day and next day they tell you it's the coldest day in the last 50 years! Weather is crazy!

On the other hand, they talk about global warming one day and next day they tell you it's the coldest day in the last 50 years! Weather is crazy!

And that is just why I feel that this is just some beep cooked but by Al Gore and his bunch of people, that love to make up things so the american people will freak out over things like this. Stop using there cars or whatever just to try and stop it. Hello G.W is not gonna kill man kind. Man kind Will to that for all of us with wars or whatever.

As a lot of you know I am a real non believer in all this Globle Warning stuff, and when I saw this I had to kind of laugh.

Study

To me that is bunk. mainly because they say Present-day. Hello there a lot more people on earth now than way back when. Yes the CO2 will be up.

I will say that yes there is more industrial use now. But you have to look at it this way too. Industrial use is not the only problem if this Globle Warming is true and not just a cycle that the earth is going through. I still say it is a phase. but I will say this however. I think the 1000 years is saying a bit much. things can change if we wanted them too. But trying to get people to stop using there cars suv's and things like that would be like drilling for oil in a sandbox full of mud.

The current situation is irreversible. And whatever we do now is never going to reverse what we have already caused/ done to the environment.

The best thing to currently work upon is to gear us for action items which will not make us wonder why we have done this 10 years down the line... So its better that every individual take up the responsibility of working on this. Say for example reduce a persons carbon footprint (What is carbon footprint? -- A carbon footprint is the total set of Green House GAS (GHG) emissions caused directly and indirectly by a person, an organization, event or product (This definition is an extract from the UK Carbon Trust 2008). The GHG emissions for an individual, nation or organization's carbon footprint is measured by undertaking a GHG emission test. Once the footprint of a carbon is known, a community wide strategy can be devised to reduce it or take action items to completely avoid it).

Its not as easy as it seems like... We might have to change our lifestyle altogether to reduce your footprint and in turn the warming on a long run.... Again... people are so hasty about getting results. They stick to rules for an year and expect some result which will not happen. This will be long term. Its like spoiling the environment for over a period of 50-60 years and asking it ti repair in few years... and the worst part without having effort on that front...

Calculate your carbon footprint here -- http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

How to reduce your carbon footprint? -- http://www.howcast.com/guides/828-How-to-Understand-Sex/

And if you want to know what are the different GHG (Green house gases...) below are a few...

* water vapor

* carbon dioxide

* methane

* nitrous oxide

* ozone

* CFCs

The above are the major ones.

This is no fun. I wanted to rip on a liberal.