xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

The Best "browsers" Of Our Times

I don know how many of you have actually thought about why you are using the internet browser you are using by default. Probably its because you got it with the OS or because its famous or your friend uses it too...but then its interesting to see that today there are lots of such browsers available but each one has got its own unique features and add-on's, though the most commonly used ones are Mozilla's Firefox, Microsoft's IE, Google's Chrome and so on...recently i happened to come across a statistics comparing the famous browsers on different criteria. It was interesting, 1st place goes to FireFox , 2nd is Chrome and 3rd is Internet explorer , i was surprised to see Chrome in 2nd place , it came into the market very recently and still it has got a place in the 2nd where as microsofts IE is in the 3rd :D

Well your ratings is not by any standard clear. What is the criteria.You be clear on that.Chrome may be fairly new but you use a lot of Google search everyday and hence chrome is likely to come upIE is a devil with loopholes more than a sponge has. Every patch relates to IE or something in windows

In terms of what browsers have done since the beginning, well Mosaic lead the way for us to visually see the internet and of course thanks to Internet Explorer and Netscape they help revolutionize the internet through the 90's and of course Mozilla, Opera, Safari, Chrome and leading the way for the 21st century. That is why the browser wars have become the battle ground for internet improvement in the last few years because everyone is trying beat out the oldest browser to date (IE). Of course, some say in a few years depending on the success of Internet Explorer 8, Firefox is on its way to be the number one browser in the world.I think the criteria would have to be standards, speed, security, customization and functionality and right now Firefox is number 1 in all categories with Opera next and then IE then Safari and then chrome.