xisto Community
Lyon2

Microsoft Announces $250.000 Bounty For The Conficker Worm Creator foxnews released 1 hour ago. That is a lot of money

News Title: Microsoft announces $250.000 bounty for the Conficker worm creator

Conficker worm: Terrible worm (kind of virus) released recently, this one is really nasty!

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/02/16/microsoft-posts-250000-reward-for-pc-hackers.html

------

Well, 250 thousand dollars is just what i need to by the lanborgini that i have been wanted for so many years, but for that, i need to find information that leads to the appreation of the conficker worm, and by judging the worm programming knowledge/quality/expertise, that is going to be extremely difficult, and there may be more people better informed then i.

Strange that microsoft is spending so much money to catch a worm creator, even this one which may have caused millions of dollars of costs to microsoft worldwide, nonetheless, i feel that is something going on other then that, i don't know, i will check htis all out that is for sure.

What about you, what do you think of all of this? Did the conficker worm make any costs/damage to your computer/network?
What do you think about this bounty? Is it a fair value, the 250.000, or it should be more?

------

Read this too:

Known as the Conficker (a pun on "configure" and a four-letter German swear word) or Downadup worm , the virus has infected at least 10 million Windows-based computers since it first appeared in October. It's forced the British and French navies to take some systems offline.
Most worrisome is the fact that it doesn't do much — yet. Experts fear it's just waiting for a command to turn all infected machines into a superpowerful "botnet" of zombie PCs that could be used to take down commercial, military or governmental Web sites.

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

Can't seem to Merge this with another topic, so Closed it instead.Maybe someone else can try it???Thanks.