xisto Community
Ash-Bash

How To Remove Send Feedback From Windows 7

Hello,

Recently upgraded to windows 7?

You like it? But you don't like the send feed back at every window?

Before: Posted Image

If you don't know what your doing and/or not a good enough experienced Registry Editor user you may end up messing up the registry.

Attention!:

Make sure you ALWAYS backup your registry before doing ANY edits in it.

To remove simply go to:

Start > Run > Regedit > And follow this path

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\FeedbackToolEnabled

It should be at 1 or something just change it too 0

Restart!

And you are done,

After:

Posted Image

Hope I helped you :D

- Ash :P

Messing with the Registry can be Harmful To Your Computer.Know what you are doing before you attempt any changes, and be sure to Backup the Registry before altering anything.

Messing with the Registry can be Harmful To Your Computer.
Know what you are doing before you attempt any changes, and be sure to Backup the Registry before altering anything.

I don't think you jusy read my post fully, I said to Back up the registery before you change anything O.o

Er, what's the point of removing it? The beta includes the feedback tool so that you can tell Microsoft to work. Why would we want to not have the ability to do that? :P Thanks for the heads-up on how to kill it though. It might come in handy when the RC comes out and M$ forgets to remove it... or leaves it there since we all know a M$ RC is actually the actual beta release, with SP1 or SP2 being the final. :D

Well some people, Obviously not you find it annoying to have there on every single window that you open... + You may want to use that as you main operating system so you may not want to have that every where!

Well some people, Obviously not you find it annoying to have there on every single window that you open... + You may want to use that as you main operating system so you may not want to have that every where!

The last thing you'd want to do is to make Windows 7 BETA your main operating system. Even the M$ geeks will tell you that... to include the supporting arguments of it:

- being a BETA
- already having corrupted MP3 libraries
- becoming absolutely useless as it expires in August 2009
- not being as functional as pre-existing Windows releases

I had to drop using the beta after a week because I was so frustrated with not being able to do what I wanted to do with it because of incompatibility of software and limitations. Windows 7b seems like it's going to be the greatest thing since XP SP2, but as far as using it as an everyday Beta OS, it's out of the question.

If that's what you're personally doing right now, I'd advise you have a backup of everything you have if you haven't done so already. Playing with anything in its alpha and beta stages is like playing with a brand new grenade with an untested prototype retaining pin. :D

- becoming absolutely useless as it expires in August 2009

What even if im not connected to the internet will it disable the BETA? Or can i still continue using it?

--

Anyways your totally right, you've gotta be completely wrong in the head to make Windows 7 your main Operating System. Its completely buggy, it destroys your media and to be frank, I cant stand the theme and how windows displays it.

Obviously this is a good workaround, but i dont mind having that "Send feedback" there because i know that im not going to have the OS turned on for more than 10 mins!
I maybe just have it on to take some snaps to write a review, but thats just about it really.

--

But still, useful (ish) tutorial :D
Regards.

Well its hard to believe it some people already have!!! The beta version is the main OS even my friends done it! I was like WTH have you done don't use a beta as you main OS he says its fine and no bugs or problems with it, Well that's strange because when I changed to it I kept getting a blue screen of death every 10 minutes :D

@ Flashy: I'm not dead sure how it works, but it makes sense that if you're connected to the Internet, it would be able to disable W7b when the deadline approaches. You could possibly tinker with your BIOS clock to keep Windows 7b working, but that's too much of a hassle to keep an OS that isn't in full-fledged status yet... IMO.

@ Ash-Bash: I actually have never experienced a BSOD with Windows 7. The OS works great... until you do something it doesn't like. (See my "The Windows 7 Experience" thread.) Then the whole thing just hangs, which is just as bad anyway.

Well I just figured out that the Blue screen of death was because my laptop was over heating, I have also just opened it up and found hairs all around the fan so it could not turn :D I think I will need to get a new CPU.

Er, what's the point of removing it? The beta includes the feedback tool so that you can tell Microsoft to work. Why would we want to not have the ability to do that? :D
Thanks for the heads-up on how to kill it though. It might come in handy when the RC comes out and M$ forgets to remove it... or leaves it there since we all know a M$ RC is actually the actual beta release, with SP1 or SP2 being the final. :D

I can tell you. What if your Windows is *coughcough*not strictly legal*coughcough* and you might not want Microsoft to know about it? I'm not saying anything about myself, it's just a possibility.

Future programs will/might be compatible with Windows 7. Don't forget this new OS is based and is a beta version of Windows Vista Ultimate. Witch is why it's Windows SEVEN Ultimate. :D

I think Microsoft has finally seen that Windows Vista [All Versions] Is a fail for anything the only thing I find it good at is crashing :D I think Microsoft wasted to much money on vista thats why I think they will put Windows 7 up in price :s.I think Microsoft has finally seen that Windows Vista [All Versions] Is a fail for anything the only thing I find it good at is crashing :D I think Microsoft wasted to much money on vista thats why I think they will put Windows 7 up in price :s.

Hello,

Recently upgraded to windows 7?

You like it? But you don't like the send feed back at every window?

Before: Posted Image

If you don't know what your doing and/or not a good enough experienced Registry Editor user you may end up messing up the registry.

Attention!:

Make sure you ALWAYS backup your registry before doing ANY edits in it.

To remove simply go to:

Start > Run > Regedit > And follow this path

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\FeedbackToolEnabled

It should be at 1 or something just change it too 0

Restart!

And you are done,

After:

Posted Image

Hope I helped you :D

- Ash :D

nice tutorial, but i have a little question...

why would people want to remove it?

because i think this is important, so we can't just remove it

except if it is causing a problem like bug on your computer or something like that