xisto Community

20 minute job, couldn't really decide what I wanted.One of my photos from europe, think I should use that or something different?

post-76515-1234244257_thumb.jpg

The title "novoAlias" looks somewhat dull. Try changing the colour.As for the photo, I think you can add any photo, its upto your tastes and likes. Although I have never been into sig making, I feel that any photo can be made into a good sig. Good job.

its a decent job have a sig like mine attracts more attention but eather than that novoAlias like the above said try making it white and reflect like if its looking down at the water, another suggestion is try making your background more scary add more artistic feauture and more art since your job is web designing, specially photography

In my opinion I don't think the thin lines of that font work as well as it being red in a black background. Maybe a thicker font will work the colors black and red work.

Thanks for the comments, minor edits in order I think =) Not sure I understand what you mean't by a 'scary' background?

its a decent job have a sig like mine attracts more attention but eather than that novoAlias like the above said try making it white and reflect like if its looking down at the water, another suggestion is try making your background more scary add more artistic feauture and more art since your job is web designing, specially photography

Hey out of curiosity how exactly does your sig attract more attention?
I'm aiming for a fairly classic look that works with my website (still not quite up) so it should make more sense later on.
Basically just made it a bit clearer, will probably change the photo later.

post-76515-1234265020_thumb.jpg

I'm aiming for a fairly classic look that works with my website (still not quite up) so it should make more sense later on.

I was going to say that it looked like something for a website and not a sig. But i prefer the previous but with more visible text?text that isn't so blurry. It seems like it's for a minimalist's design, perhaps in a blog like fashion.

its original plain and simple not saying it attracts more poeple just its nice, not copyied, its made by hand and fresh new ideas unlike other sigs they all pretty much a rectangle not that its bad but this sig of mine is unique as you can say pops out if you where to be compared to other sigs u know. Also logos like mine are exelent this one is a blend between logo and sig. needs a few fixes not much but its something.By scary i mean more arrgg into it you, like make your sig pack a punch, make it visible to others, put it this way if you where the person looking at your sig what is the first thing that attracts you start from there.If you need help with some designs gimmy a pm and ill send you some ideas that may help for your sig.

Edited by Veradesigns (see edit history)

I really don't you guys are understanding the way he made his signature. I like you style of blurring and smudging the background to give focus. Its one of the most basic techniques people often just lookover. I'm a big fan of photomanip but I usually don't like finding good stocks for it so I end up using renders. Its really good and the text fits nicely, for sig work text is a smaller part and usually is used for labeling but when it is used it has to flow nicely and the symbol of the bracket helps to fit it in.