xisto Community
Pankyy

How To Handle Insecurity Seems ridiculous

There are many ways to handle insecurity, some of them are effective, some others not. This is what I think is one of the last kind: a member of the local parlament is now working with Google and a national security organization to make an insecurity map, filling tables and percentages with people's complaints. It's cool, now we are learning where we don't have to walk, and where we can (maybe?) hide.

I guess it's ok, but I can't even see it right now. It seems it's even saturating Google with the people's complaints (should have thought about that before).

It's in spanish, but if you want to see it (and in fact, can go through the slowness), THIS is the url.

You tell what you think about it, I think this was the category where it fit in.

Edited by Pankyy (see edit history)

There are many ways to handle insecurity, some of them are effective, some others not. This is what I think is one of the last kind: a member of the local parlament is now working with Google and a national security organization to make an insecurity map, filling tables and percentages with people's complaints. It's cool, now we are learning where we don't have to walk, and where we can (maybe?) hide.

I guess it's ok, but I can't even see it right now. It seems it's even saturating Google with the people's complaints (should have thought about that before).

It's in spanish, but if you want to see it (and in fact, can go through the slowness), THIS is the url.

You tell what you think about it, I think this was the category where it fit in.

I think that's plain stupid! They (your government) should be putting bad guys in jail instead of telling good citizens where to hide. The streets belong to citizens, not to criminals! That is like accepting they're a zero for battling insecurity and crime. I live in Mexico, so believe me, we know a lot about that topic! Our authorities are just as dumb and corrupt. Now we say we live prisoners of insecurity :D

Good luck!

I have to agree with Dad, That is utterly dumb and a waste of money. I mean come on, making a map of that. All that is doing is wasting tax payers money for what? a map that anyone giving the data can sit down at there on computer at home and do for free.

Yes Digitalidad, where you live is not totally the same where I live, but they're pretty similar, very similar. A government filled up with corruption: this webpage itself was created for more people to follow up this guy so he would get a better place in the government. It has no point at all, police won't look up at it. And yes Echo, knowing that there's a guy that's up to rob/abuse you won't help, I guess it's just plain stupid. The only thing something like this could show is as sad that a politican can be.