xisto Community
Baniboy

Baniboy's New Sig check out my new sig and critisize it

I made this new sig with gimp and I'm no artist. I want to know your opinions on this and don't be harsh on me, I did not spend much time doing this.I will post some alternative ones with less or more color or something like that...I'm also open to suggestions, so if you have an idea, be brave and tell it.

post-71342-1234110855_thumb.png

post-71342-1234111197_thumb.png

Edited by baniboy (see edit history)

both are very good baniboy. I like the 2nd one the best though, however needs to be scaled down in size 468 x 60 pixels

both are very good baniboy. I like the 2nd one the best though, however needs to be scaled down in size 468 x 60 pixels

Really? I have a 1440 x 900 monitor, so that's why I didn't notice they are so big. I'll scale 'em. *a moment please*

I scaled it and it came out like this: I need some opinion that is this better than the previous? Are you sure it can't be like 468 x 94? or is the rule so strict?

post-71342-1234115793_thumb.jpg

The bigger issue is the size of the Image in Kb size. Notice that the last one is nearly one fifth of the 'weight' of the others. Our dial-up users would not like to have to download those larger ones all the time. It makes page loading a nightmare for them.

Okay I use the scaled one then, I will convert it into jpg also to make it smaller and faster for you dial-up guys to view it. It looks kinda cool when it's not so tall. Thanks for the information.

Very nice, Baniboy. Much nicer, in fact, than the one I saw on a previous post. Of the ones on this post, I like the first. I was wondering, can you redesign my website....LOL :D

These signatures are good enough but which software is used to create them?

I used gimp, I like that program a lot, if you have enough extensions, you can do practically anything with it, even 3D stuff.

Very nice, Baniboy. Much nicer, in fact, than the one I saw on a previous post. Of the ones on this post, I like the first. I was wondering, can you redesign my website....LOL :D

Thanks a lot Misanthrope, but I have to admit I made this pretty much accidently, I just started playing with gradients and relighting them with nice blue colors.

I don't know of redesigning your website but you can ask me to do a banner or a button or something like that, I'll be more than happy to do that. But I have to warn you, I'm no expert in these things. I want to train my designing skills to make some really cool stuff.

I don't know of redesigning your website but you can ask me to do a banner or a button or something like that, I'll be more than happy to do that. But I have to warn you, I'm no expert in these things. I want to train my designing skills to make some really cool stuff.

Hehe, you're an expert compared to me. But no worries, baniboy. I was just foolin' about regarding my website. Still, I wouldn't mind a banner if you happen to have the time and inclination. As you can see, my current sig is just text (vivianbritton.com / think dangerously). Should the creative spark hit you, I'm fond of the cool color schemes (blue, black, silver). :D