xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
EchoTang

Megavideos Video Viewing Limit

So you are saying that they are limiting the number of videos you can see? I hardly get to see any video at Megavideo that's why I don't know. If they do that's strange man, they're straight competitors of Youtube and that would be ridiculous to do :S And yes, it can be outrageous, but more when the other video-streaming webpages let you see all the quantity of videos you want to see.

Edited by Pankyy (see edit history)

This started like early last year i think, so there might have already been a post on it...
Anyone feel that the viewing limitations are a bit outrageous as well?

honestly never really been to this site so I dont really know. all that I can think of is they may limit you for 2 reasons
1 they want you to join there site and pay a fee to watch.
or
2 the people that have the copy rights may ask for a time limit until they the owners of the video can get royalties from it.

Well I think its kind of fair.Because they have to buy there domains and servers to store the video's on.So paying for an account is fair, And only aloud to view about 10 videos a day is fair....Server cost about $210 a month for them because of all the bandwidth they need.

Don't worry as you can bypass that stupid limit anyways.

First of all, you'll need to erase all your cookies and then block all cookies coming from megavideo.com. In FF go to Tools > Options and then click exceptions and block

megavideo.com

and

megavideo.com/

Method 1:

If you connect through a modem and can get a new IP, then do that. Just switch off the modem, leave it that way for ~60 secs. and then reconnect and replug the modem. Make sure you did clear the browser cookies and blocked all of the ones coming from the site before doing this. Close your browser and reopen it again and open the video you wanted to watch at MegaVideo. This means you get a new IP and there isn't a way in which they can trace and *&*& off anyone :P

Method 2:ďż˝

Start the video playing and then pause it so it'll buffer to the end. Then unplug the modem or disconnect from the internet or make FF work in 'offline mode' by going to File > Work Offline and playing the video undisrupted. Then when you want to surf the internet again, just uncheck the same thing and surf.
Yeah, you can't surf with that browser, but you can open another one and surf with that one while watching the vid :D

Anyways, as for the problem, it's just putting stupid DRM into use. And nothing makes people copy the stuff more and find ways to bypass the DRM then when that stuff is 'protected'.

This'll make people use YouTube and/or Vimeo more.

I used to go there a lot last year and it was free. The last few weeks when I went back I noticed they have limits and the way they limit it was by allowing you to view only a certain in a period. I think it was like 90 minutes total viewing in one session before you needed to wait 50 mins. This was dumb because if you started to view a new movie and even though you have loaded the full video your time limit would run out and the loaded video would be unusable until 50 minutes later.One way around is to just get a new ip and view again but it can be annoying especially if changing ips would get your internet throttled because you have been over your monthly cap :D. I dont know about the cookies method but if they blocked by ip then I'm sure cookies wouldn't work it docent seem logical since removing cookies is so much easier. Plus if that was the case then just have multiple browsers there.

I used to go there a lot last year and it was free. The last few weeks when I went back I noticed they have limits and the way they limit it was by allowing you to view only a certain in a period. I think it was like 90 minutes total viewing in one session before you needed to wait 50 mins. This was dumb because if you started to view a new movie and even though you have loaded the full video your time limit would run out and the loaded video would be unusable until 50 minutes later.
One way around is to just get a new ip and view again but it can be annoying especially if changing ips would get your internet throttled because you have been over your monthly cap :D . I dont know about the cookies method but if they blocked by ip then I'm sure cookies wouldn't work it docent seem logical since removing cookies is so much easier. Plus if that was the case then just have multiple browsers there.

Well that was last year so they must have lost a lot of money and tried to get people to pay for an account like Rapid share.

One way around is to just get a new ip and view again but it can be annoying especially if changing ips would get your internet throttled because you have been over your monthly cap :D. I dont know about the cookies method but if they blocked by ip then I'm sure cookies wouldn't work it docent seem logical since removing cookies is so much easier. Plus if that was the case then just have multiple browsers there.

I told you, you don't need to follow the IP method, you just need to wait for the video to load, erase all cookies, check work offline in your browser and you can watch the video without disruption. It's really tried out by me and works. You can surf with other browsers :P

I told you, you don't need to follow the IP method, you just need to wait for the video to load, erase all cookies, check work offline in your browser and you can watch the video without disruption. It's really tried out by me and works. You can surf with other browsers :D

Ok that's great, cause I was getting really annoying by those messages, and it's not a video limit it's a time limit which is even more annoying, 90 minutes I think and then wait 50 minutes, no thank you I rather start watching the video from another page and close the megavideo one. But your solution is great I'm going to try it! Thank you!

Or you could use an IP hider browser so you can change your IP on that browser within 5 seconds and they are easy to use you could also use "Free Web proxies" A lot of Children at school use them to get on blocked game website's.

FF pluginMegavideos Video Viewing Limit

There is a FF plugin I cant remember name but it directs u 2 their web to watch mega upload and all those restricted 1s(time limit) I use it all time(My other computer died lol so I don't use any more) buy u don't have 2 diable cookies u just click work offline when its finished buffering(do this for youtube and ull be like so fast!)

thanks for reading the tip expert - Fisherblue23 

-reply by Fisherblue23