xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

A Day I Wanna Forget Why it always happends to me

Never have I had a day go as bad as this one. EVER!As some of you may know I am in a wheelchair. Well, this morning I got up around 7am as I nomally do to find That I had a Flat tire. No biggy it happends I know. But, As I was changing the tube Kaboom! not only did the tube pop but the tire came off the rim and was cracked. So I pick up the phone and call my local Medical Supply to see if they could send me out a Tire and Tube. The woman that I had always delt with told me yes they could but it would be atleast 3 hours. That was about 9:00am well 12:00 came and they had not shown up. Well she did say at least 3 hours. so I figured I would give them 1 more hour before calling again. The guy finally showed up here about 1:20pm with tire and tude. He even was nice enough to put it on for me. But catch this. For the tire and tube the price was a total of $23.95 which really is not that bad concidering they brought it out to me. But They charged on top of that a service call of $45.00 for a grand total of $68.95! How anyone could charge that much for something someone must have and need is a Beeping Joke! I mean to charge that much for a service call when the item cost less? come on. There needs to be a law or something saying if a item is say $10 the service call or delivery fee should not be more than the item. Well I paid the $69 bucks but I then turned right around and called the place back and told them what I thought. They had always treated me very nicely and even sometimes cut me a deal if I needed tires or tubes or other equipment. Well I talked with the Owner being the woman I normally deal with had gone to lunch. He did not come out directly and say it but was like, Well if you don't like how we do things. Beep you!I am now looking for another supply and have run to Wal Mart and got some Bike tires and tubes that will fit. ( I hope ) because I will not be going back to that Blank Blank Blank again.

Boy, you'll be glad when today is over and in the History Books.That sucks. It once cost me over $100 to fix a fridge. Took the guy less than 5 minutes, but it was a Sunday of a long-weekend. The option was to spoil about $400 worth of food, so over all, a good decision, I guess.Glad you got your wheels back in action. Good idea to have a spare around.

Yeah that does suck but wouldn't they have told you before hand about how much the service call charge was going to cost? If they don't then that is a pretty shady way to do business. I remember when I had to call someone to fix our washing machine they specifically had to make sure you understood what the service call would cost even if you decided not to go ahead with the fix.

My sympathies.It's awful getting ripped off like that.If I were making the decisions ,nobody who is handicapped would haveto pay anything for such essentials.I hope there is some kind of tax deduction you can get.

Never have I had a day go as bad as this one. EVER!As some of you may know I am in a wheelchair. Well, this morning I got up around 7am as I nomally do to find That I had a Flat tire. No biggy it happends I know. But, As I was changing the tube Kaboom! not only did the tube pop but the tire came off the rim and was cracked. So I pick up the phone and call my local Medical Supply to see if they could send me out a Tire and Tube. The woman that I had always delt with told me yes they could but it would be atleast 3 hours. That was about 9:00am well 12:00 came and they had not shown up. Well she did say at least 3 hours. so I figured I would give them 1 more hour before calling again. The guy finally showed up here about 1:20pm with tire and tude. He even was nice enough to put it on for me. But catch this. For the tire and tube the price was a total of $23.95 which really is not that bad concidering they brought it out to me. But They charged on top of that a service call of $45.00 for a grand total of $68.95!

How anyone could charge that much for something someone must have and need is a Beeping Joke! I mean to charge that much for a service call when the item cost less? come on. There needs to be a law or something saying if a item is say $10 the service call or delivery fee should not be more than the item.

Well I paid the $69 bucks but I then turned right around and called the place back and told them what I thought. They had always treated me very nicely and even sometimes cut me a deal if I needed tires or tubes or other equipment. Well I talked with the Owner being the woman I normally deal with had gone to lunch. He did not come out directly and say it but was like, Well if you don't like how we do things. Beep you!

I am now looking for another supply and have run to Wal Mart and got some Bike tires and tubes that will fit. ( I hope ) because I will not be going back to that Blank Blank Blank again.

May i ask what is the name of the place that disrespected you, i mean this is a forum you can make anyone do what ever you ask them to :D
also here is advice you can tell everyone you know to not do business with them also if you really hate that company for telling you that go in front of there store and put in a big poster what they said to you trust me they will loose a lot of business. Make them wish they gave you a horrible day.
But yea wal mart cheap place, good service sort of, but horrible employee treatment, they treat the employees like *bleep

That's a pretty bad thing indeed. Some companies expect to make a profit out of service rather than out of products, so they frequently charge you for support. That's common in the software industry, but I would have never imagined that kind of business would charge you like that. I agree with you. They should have told you in advance the cost of the call.Now, employees sometimes just do what they're told and don't see any further, they don't think about the damage a stupid policy is doing to the business they get a living from. A business policy is not strict. A policy is a guide of action only, so if you consider that in a special way you should act in a different way, you can do. However, the pity is that some managers don't see it that way either and will be very strict until they face a problem due to that. In this case, if what happened to you is very recurrent, they'll eventually lose a lot of customers and will have to close. Let's hope their management notices what the problem is before it's too late for their good and their customers'.

I most likely will call them back Monday morning and tell them I will pay but will be canceling my account with them, due to the fact that they did not inform me of this service charge. Also I will be telling them in a nice way :D what I think of this service charge. who know's maybe they will drop it. maybe not.

What ever happened to "the customer is king" ethic? I fear it has gone the way of American morals - straight down the gutter into that infernal abyss of Hades. I am currently living in a hotel that prides itself on customer service, but that service is sliding down that infamous slippery slope to mediocrity. Doesn't business understand how much they lose in the long run by shorting their customers? To illustrate, Starbucks coffee is nothing to write home about, but they have made a name for themselves by treating customer as king, and have managed to stay afloat this sinking economy by staying true to this ethic. Granted, this analogy is short of perfect, but I'm sure most get the jest. Dear Echo, if you are a military veteran, lets look into finding you a resource who might advocate on your behalf so this travesty doesn't happen again.