Veradesigns

Adobe Cs3 Or Cs4 Witch one is better?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Which one do you guys prefer?

new features in cs4 are grate but they require 2 gig or ram

asking to much for us broke people.

Then again the program itself is around 2k$

so yea any ups and downs?

Stick with CS3 (if you have it already).

From what I'm reading about the two, there is nothing ground-breaking about CS4. You're much better off spending much less on CS3 if you won't be utilizing the new features included with CS4.

All applications in CS4 feature the same user interface, with a new tabbed interface for working with concurrently running Adobe CS4 programs where multiple applications can be opened inside multiple tabs contained in a single window.[3] It was announced that nVidia CUDA technology is now supported to allow for the accelerated encoding of video. Adobe CS4 is also developed to perform better under 64-bit and multi-core processors. Adobe Photoshop CS4, Adobe After Effects CS4, Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, and Adobe Soundbooth CS4 will officially support 64-bit. However, Adobe CS4 64-bit will not be available for Mac OS X.[4] In early testing of 64-bit support in Adobe Photoshop CS4, overall performance gains ranged from 8% to 12%. Those who work with extremely large files may realize noticeably greater gains in performance, in some cases as dramatic as ten times the previous speed. This is because 64-bit applications can address larger amounts of memory and thus result in less file swapping one of the biggest factors that can affect data processing speed.

So if you can live with swapping between windows/programs, increased speed with proprietary NVIDIA technology (in which you would have to have a supporting GPU from NVIDIA), increased performance with 64-bit support (which you need a 64-bit system to take advantage of), and increased performance with multi-cores (which anyone can benefit from). If you don't have the hardware to begin with, though, I wouldn't bother forking over much more for a marginal 8-12% in efficiency.

There are new features with the programs themselves, but only a professional would actually be looking at what CS4 has to bring to the table. CS4 doesn't put too much to consider the upgrade, unless you absolutely had to have the latest and greatest. Just at a glance:

Photoshop CS4 features additions such as the ability to paint directly on 3D models, wrap 2D images around 3D shapes, convert gradient maps to 3D objects, add depth to layers and text, get print-quality output with the new ray-tracing rendering engine, and enjoy exporting to supported common 3D formats; the new Adjustment and Mask Panels; Content-aware scaling (also known as seam carving[8]); Fluid Canvas Rotation and File display options.[9] On 30 April, Adobe released Photoshop CS4 Extended, which includes all the same features of Adobe Photoshop CS3 with the addition of capabilities for scientific imaging, 3D, and high end film and video users. The successor to Photoshop CS3, Photoshop CS4, is the first 64-bit Photoshop on consumer computers.[10]

-

[illustrator] CS4 was released in October 2008. It features a variety of improvements to old tools along with the introduction of a few brand new tools. The ability to create Multiple Artboards is one of CS4s main additions. The Artboards allow you to create multiple versions of a piece of work within a single document. Other tools include the Blob Brush, which allows you to make a more natural paint brush stroke (reminiscent of Microsoft paint or other non-vector drawing programs) which then becomes vectorized, and a new gradient tool that allows for more in depth manipulation of colors.

-

Adobe Flash CS4 Professional (as version 10, released on October 15, 2008):-- the new version of flash, code named, "Diesel" not to be confused with the latest public prerelease of the Flash 10 Player, code named "Astro" contains inverse kinematics (bones), basic 3D object manipulation, object-based animation, an enhanced text engine, and further expansions to ActionScript 3.0.

I would look into the programs as to what they offer with the upgrade and determine whether CS4 is actually right for you or not. As of the moment, I would wait until we see what CS5 brings to the table, sticking to CS3 in the meantime (especially if you're an amateur/intermediate on a budget). :D

I have tried all of the CS versions og Photoshop, and an older, 6.0 version. I started with CS, and I liked it a lot, I have learned how to work in Photoshop with it. Than, I bought CS3-I didn't saw any difference except filling out trice as much disk space. I have worked in it at most. Than I reinstalled my PC, and there was a trial version of Photoshop CS2 with it. It was slower than the other versions, and the one I hated at most. It had the exact same stuff like CS, but it was slowing down the PC and it didn't worked as well as it. I guess it was just full of bugs. Than I got a trial of CS4, and I was really excided because I read that you can work in 3D with it as same as 2D-which wasn't true, I could only export a 3D model, and as far I have gotten it was one image of it. I could of color it a little, but it was pretty difficult to understand-Photoshop is not made for 3D. So I deleted it and installed CS3 again, and according to me that's the best version of Photoshop so far. It's the easiest to navigate, especially for web designers, and it has almost all the filters and speed CS4 has. So, I recommend to everybody using the version CS3(10.0), believe me, you will not be sorry.

There is really nothing different from CS3 To CS4.If you already have CS3 I would stay with it.If you don't have either then go to the shop see which one you can get the cheapest.

Stick with CS3 (if you have it already).
From what I'm reading about the two, there is nothing ground-breaking about CS4. You're much better off spending much less on CS3 if you won't be utilizing the new features included with CS4.

So if you can live with swapping between windows/programs, increased speed with proprietary NVIDIA technology (in which you would have to have a supporting GPU from NVIDIA), increased performance with 64-bit support (which you need a 64-bit system to take advantage of), and increased performance with multi-cores (which anyone can benefit from). If you don't have the hardware to begin with, though, I wouldn't bother forking over much more for a marginal 8-12% in efficiency.

There are new features with the programs themselves, but only a professional would actually be looking at what CS4 has to bring to the table. CS4 doesn't put too much to consider the upgrade, unless you absolutely had to have the latest and greatest. Just at a glance:

I would look into the programs as to what they offer with the upgrade and determine whether CS4 is actually right for you or not. As of the moment, I would wait until we see what CS5 brings to the table, sticking to CS3 in the meantime (especially if you're an amateur/intermediate on a budget). :D

Grate help and really good quotes, as far as cs5 goes i wont bother looking into it cs3 was really good and at the rate my computers is i am broke bottomless, got a trial and a key from my friend that he bought and never used so i got cs3, also cs4 requires 2 gig ram too much and too slow for me to work with, cs5 i don't even want to imagine
cs4 has really good features like 3D in its tools, you can pretty much just use the 3d feature in illustrator and will be much more efficient and faster, well thnx for this amaizing information hope it helps with me deciding to stay with cs3 by far cs3 is winning

There are huge differences between CS3 and CS4, first CS4 is more integrated with the software that is involved, Dreamweaver and Photoshop are connected a lot better then they were in CS3. Also the inferface has been updated for a more sleek and efficient look. On top of that CS4 integrates a remote desktop/chat room software meaning that if you working on a large project with a group of people then they will be able to view and so instead of saving the work, email or load it to a flash disk, send it over to the person to look at, send it back to make the changes and then repeat the cycle. They can watch you do it live or they can make the changes right then and there with the remote desktop feature.There are some big differences between the two, but you have to look for them to notice the differences, but if you already own CS3 as a individual then there is no real need to get CS4, but if your running a business you might as well add it to your collection and use it but only if you really need to use Adobe CS software.

There are huge differences between CS3 and CS4, first CS4 is more integrated with the software that is involved, Dreamweaver and Photoshop are connected a lot better then they were in CS3. Also the inferface has been updated for a more sleek and efficient look. On top of that CS4 integrates a remote desktop/chat room software meaning that if you working on a large project with a group of people then they will be able to view and so instead of saving the work, email or load it to a flash disk, send it over to the person to look at, send it back to make the changes and then repeat the cycle. They can watch you do it live or they can make the changes right then and there with the remote desktop feature.
There are some big differences between the two, but you have to look for them to notice the differences, but if you already own CS3 as a individual then there is no real need to get CS4, but if your running a business you might as well add it to your collection and use it but only if you really need to use Adobe CS software.

really?
if so, i think i need to get myself Adobe CS4

One of the greatest new features in CS4 is the ability to easily rotate the "paper" like Painter does. If you use Photoshop to create art in directly, especially with a stylus, this is a huge improvement. There are some other improvents as well for the digital artist though I do not remember what they are off the top my head. Now for my disclaimer on just about every PS thread: If you are not creating graphics professionally you do not need Photoshop.

Well odds are either your canvas is too big with a lot of detail since loading a file could take awhile depending on the size of it or you need some more RAM to up boost up the speed and drop the lag time. Of course, it could be your motherboard and processor as well, but I would replace the RAM if it is a few years old and that might speed up your photosho.

I use CS4 and they require 1GB of RAM. They've added some really nice features that makes working in them much more easy. For example they've added 3D possibilities to photoshop and also to flash and many more things. I also like the new design. I think they are awesome :D.

Cheers

hey its sure Adobe Cs4 is better as it is the later version of cs 3so its obvious that cs4 is goodbyttheway any one knows that in cs3 we can get almost every cellphone details without the help of internet and that also for free i have not used cs4 till now so i dunno that cs4 also contains that featuresif then plz infor methanxxxxxx

Edited by sweet_tchxprt (see edit history)

If your talking about Adobe Device Central then yes Adobe CS4 comes with it, and although I never really design websites for mobile phone usage or design wallpapers or such for phone usage, it is a great program for those who are in that market.