xisto Community
Ash-Bash

Do You Think This Is A Good Build.

Seems like you're missing out on some things... especially asking us to judge how good a build is without telling us what it's for. I'm going to assume gaming.You're missing RAM, hard drive(s), and whatnot. If you're going for gaming with no objection to price, aim for a motherboard that supports DDR3 instead of limiting yourself with DDR2. Then look to throwing even more money at DDR3 RAM pairs... as DDR3 isn't as cost-effective as DDR2 at the moment.If you want to, you can throw even more money towards a sound card like something from Creative's X-Fi series.From what you have at this point, it seems like a dream rig, considering that I haven't even heard of the 290 series... and I am somewhat on top of new technology. Give us more details! :D

Seems like you're missing out on some things... especially asking us to judge how good a build is without telling us what it's for. I'm going to assume gaming.
You're missing RAM, hard drive(s), and whatnot. If you're going for gaming with no objection to price, aim for a motherboard that supports DDR3 instead of limiting yourself with DDR2. Then look to throwing even more money at DDR3 RAM pairs... as DDR3 isn't as cost-effective as DDR2 at the moment.

If you want to, you can throw even more money towards a sound card like something from Creative's X-Fi series.

From what you have at this point, it seems like a dream rig, considering that I haven't even heard of the 290 series... and I am somewhat on top of new technology. Give us more details! :D

I have to really agree, details man Details. What will you be using this build for, Gaming Editing or just surfing.

Should be enough to check your emails and visit the Xisto Forums... :DIndeed, you need to spec some Ram Cards and no sense going light on it. I didn't really check, but if the motherboards will handle 8 Gigs, I'd try that. A Quad Core would be really wonderful to have, althiugh the Benchmarks I have seen against Intel's core 2 duals doesn't bode well for these AMD Quads.Go check them out at Toms hardware site. The Dual 2 Extremes kick some serious butt. Very powerful, very fast and very pricey. The Chip costs about triple the price of this laptop I use.

Dear friend if you are talking about the cabinet's look then it is a cool, simple and good look. The handle on the top side is a good practical thing to have provided it is hard enough to handle the pc. 

I have to really agree, details man Details. What will you be using this build for, Gaming Editing or just surfing.

Well if you read the post you would of seen this:

I was thinking of building another computer so I just want some advice if you think this is a good pc just to be a every day pc.

I was thinking of building another computer so I just want some advice if you think this is a good pc just to be a every day pc.

As an every day PC, no. You will likely require ear plugs to use it, and it will cost you a fortune in electricity.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/276-3900598-6982321?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

It's a good case, and it gets good reviews. High quality and good cooling, so it should be OK for whatever you have in mind.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/276-3900598-6982321?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

An every day PC probably doesn't need a 2.6GHz quad core right now. If you want to go the AMD route, look at a dual core CPU and then get a Phenom II when the price drops a bit.

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Components/cat/Power-Supplies/subcat/901W-And-Above-PSUs

A 1000W CPU is overkill for any every day system.

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Components/cat/Motherboards-AMD

Perhaps overkill for an every day system, but it depends on how many of those features you need and can actually justify.

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Components/cat/Graphics-Cards-Nvidia/subcat/nVIDIA-GT---GTS---GTX200-range

£440 is a ridiculous amount to spend on a graphics card, and an insane amount to spend on a graphics card for an every day system. You will also need some fantastic cooling in that PC to keep everything cool.

Also, you're missing a few vital components, such as RAM, HDD, monitor, optical drive... which makes it hard to give advice on the system as a whole.

You say you want this as an every day system, yet you've gone for a gamer case and a ridiculously powerful graphics card. In the context of this being an every day PC, you are spending far too much and in the wrong areas. The amount of cooling you'll need will also likely deafen you if you actually use it for every day activities.

don't worry about there quotes although they are right this is a fantastic computer you will be making as you can see almost 2 gigs worth of video memory, 1k WATS a normal computer uses 400 truly is over kill and imagine that bill next month lol. Quad cores you will have the top best PC out by far well sort of, people have better but not many stores are making quad cores, this will truly be an amazing computer wait wait ill define that this will be a super computer, but knowing you you would stack it with at least 4 2 TB hdd's, and ddr3 ram around 16 GBs or you can go with 8 this will trully be a good computer prompts only downside I HATE AMD!! LOLINTEL IS BETTER.

If it's truly for everyday use, and judging from the components you selected, I recommend you just go out and get a prefabricated computer from HP or Dell or whoever... unless you really want to build your own machine.If you do, I would go for a decent case with good cooling (look at ThermalTake, Rosewill, and Antec), a decent motherboard, dual core processor (1.2GHz+), 2 GB of DDR2 RAM, two modest hard drives w/ a RAID 1 setup (mirrored backup), and leave onboard sound and onboard integrated graphics. Set it up with a 500W power supply that's efficient. Pick out an optical drive that suits your needs (a regular DVD-RW combo drive works for $20+), modest speakers, a modest monitor, and you'll be all set. One thing to really pay attention to is if your processor actually seats in the motherboard you choose, if the RAM you choose is best paired with what the motherboard supports, and if the motherboard has the connectivity that you need. (In short, the motherboard is one of the most important factors in building that basically limits and chooses what you put into your system... so put emphasis on it.) Don't forget the keyboard and mouse.There's no point in burning money by purchasing insane components for something you're going to browse the Internet with. The graphics card you chose alone costs over $1000 USD... enough to buy TWO pre-fabricated computers with the specifications I recommended above.