xisto Community
ragav.bpl

How To Link My Site With Google Accounts Hope this time someone helps me........

Hello allI suppose i am annoying all of you by asking too many questionssBut i love this place and the users response are so quick that i jst can't ignore this web templeSo my today's question isI am building a new vB based websiteso i wanted to know that how to connect my vBulletin with google or yahoo accounts i.e. so that the visitors don't need to register at the site compulsorily..And they can login with there google or yahoo or hotmail......... accountsI know about a mod called "facebook connect" which allows the facebook users to login directly with there facebook accounts but i wanted a mod or hack or what ever you call it so that my visitors can login to my website with there google....or ..... accounts....Can someone help me

You cannot have login system like that, where the visitor enters his google login information to access your website. And you are right, you can have login system from google where the visitor enters his google login information to access features provided by google on your site (facebook connect).

However you can use OpenID to enable the visitors to log in to your site using thier OpenID. OpenID is an ID which a visitor can use to login websites who have OpenID incorporated in thier websites. It is being used in thousands of websites. You may visit these websites for more information:

Edited by pasten (see edit history)

i believe there is ...hmm try googleing it the name OpenID sounds familiar there should be some sort of java script code or html code for you to put on your website, but it will be hard to find, due to the problem that google blocks there login id from a different server other than theirs because of hackers.altough i take that back seems that you have found a way to do it . but to redirect you to your own customized gmail login page.

Edited by Veradesigns (see edit history)