xisto Community
wolffsniper

Computer Problems

u got 2 many windows processes running :P if it using 80% on windows only then u have some major windows problems. by the way what version of windows are you using? If its not Windows XP then you need to go buy it or it could be how old your computer processor is. post your computer specs on here and someone should be able to help you

Aaahhh by the looks of it, its spyware. Spyware is the worst thing know to the computer world. It just bogs up EvErYtHiNg and its soooooo annoying. As some other people said, its best to just get spyware programs and update/run them constantly/all the time and it should start to speed up a bit. :P

I don't actually why that happens but I dont think it is due to spyware. I have Spybot and PC-Cillin (updated everyday). Earlier my windows XP was alright now it shows 2-4% CPU utilization. Mine is a Athlon2400+,nForce2-400. I think it is because of problems with windowsXP. ;)

if it's because of problems with Windows XP, check out http://www.blackviper.com/

he has a great list of what to disable and get rid of in XP.

i must have boosted my computer speed by 25% just doing the safe mode tweaks.

55778[/snapback]

How do you say 25% did you use some software? And thanx for the site. That was nice :D

Err.. I have to admit I didn't understand that. I am not very good at memory. Just learning. Please explain that again. :D

Hi Wolfsnipper,You can always go into Window startup configuration & check the processes running on the CPU. GoTo START>>RUN , then type MSCONFIG, then hit ENTER key, then click the STARTUP tab. Check the processes/programs running. Disable them one at a time(don't disable any XP programs yet!!!), then exit the MSCONFIG program & re-check your CPU usage to identify the program thats hoging the thruput on the bus circuit. If you can live without the offending program booting when the computer starts up, then leave it unchecked in MSCONFIG. If you just have to have the program running (eg. virus, firewall etc.) all the time, then look into the XP tweeks at "Blackviper" site listed in previous posts to see whats safe to diable in the XP startup.Hope this helps,RGPHNX

I'm not going to post the same instructions here, I gave some instructions on tools to remove spyware and protecting your computer. Xisto and Xisto are both OpaQue's so there is no need for me to double post :angry:
Spyware and Adware removal

There are some suggestions there that may need to be explained better. If you need any help with anything there, just reply here so we know what topic we are working on :blink:

Nils

Hey, you might wanna do what everybody has told you before about the spyware thing, b/c that could be a problem, but it would also be helpsull if you told us, if your computer was running at 80% as soon as it started, or if its after you use the computer after sometime, but you closed all the non-windows applications.Well, it can also be a windows update that made your pc slower, or a program that is not loding right. If you cant fix your pc then you might asswelljust intall your OS again.

Try checking the condition of files defragmentation on your hard drive. Defrag frequently.Did you do add something new prior to the problem? New hardware or software? If it's hardware try to disable it first (or disconnect it), if sofwares just un-install it and see how your computer behave afterward.