xisto Community
princeofvegas

A New Members' Frustrations [resolved]

Ok I will start off with saying that I am going to keep this very calm and professional because I do respect the people who put in a lot of effort to offer this incredible service to us. However, I have some major frustrations that I feel would be best got out in a constructive manner.

I got enough myCents 2 days ago to sign up for a hosting package. I was ecstatic because I was looking forward to relaunching one of my sites at no cost. So I submitted the request for the hosting account and voila, within 5 hours, just like I was promised, I had an email welcoming me to Xisto hosting containing all of my vital information. I immediately went and switched over my name servers from my previous host, which propagated instantly.

I then went to log into cPanel to upload my files and create my databases and so forth. However, thats where I ran into a problem. My password was not working!! I then thought this might be an simple error so I immediately tried to sign into the Google Apps account that was created for me but I ran into the same problem, incorrect password.

I emailed Xisto's support team and waited about 12 hours for a response, however I did not get the message for 24 hours due to sleeping and the time zone difference. In my email to them I stated my problem, I went the the knowlegebase and searched before I contacted them and this is the reply that I got(keep in mind I cut out the descriptive items for post length sake):

If you have any questions or queries OR when an issue arises, please follow the sequence of channels to locate a solution or notify us of the issue.
[sUPPORT TIMINGS]
+-------------------------------------------------
| SALES : 3:00 to 11:00 GMT (Mon-Sat)
| SUPPORT : 24 x 7 x 365
+-------------------------------------------------

1. [KNOWLEDGEBASE] (Self Serve)

2. [ACTIVE SUPPORT FORUMS - 24/7]

3. [sUPPORT HELPDESK / EMAIL SUPPORT] (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)

4. [LIVE SUPPORT CHAT]

5. [TELEPHONE]

6. [COMPLAINTS]

Ok so I did the knowlegebase search, I dont think that there is anything in the forums that would reset my password, unless I am mistaken, and what is the next step? Well it is the one that I did and this was their response to my password reset request!! I do not see how that addressed my issue at all considering the fact that I folowed all of the proper channels. As for the rest, Live Support is always offline, phone calls are out of the questions due to out of country long distance costs.

I would just simply like my password reset so that I can start using my new hosting package that I have been unable to use because of something as small as them sending me the wrong password initially. Thank you for taking the time to read this if you still are, I just wanted to get this out in the open so that my frustrations do not come out in a negative manner.

Dear Princeofvegas,Extremely sorry about the ticket response delay... You can reset the password yourself by logging into your Client Area. My products => click on your account => change password. Also, make sure to add your TICKET ID in your posts or your DOMAIN name so that we may solve your issue faster :P

I found your ticket using your username :P and have reset and resent the password. Kindly update in this topic if you are able to login to your account... I can call this topic rsolved then :P

Thank you very much, this issue has been resolved and they apologized for the first response that I received from them. I tried to edit the topic title to add resolved to it but it wouldnt let me. Is that something only a mod can do?