xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Digitalidad

Google Chrome Not Showing Pdf Files!? I cant believe they missed this

Hi there, guys! ?I recently posted that I use the Chrome browser and that I find it very good, however a thing bugs me: when I try to open a PDF file that is online the browser doesn't seem to have a plug-in to do it and I have to save the file to my harddisk. BTW I'm not using Adobe Acrobat's plug-in with my other browsers, but I have the Foxit Reader which is much lighter and faster than Adobe's software -I recommend you to try it ( Foxit SW site). Anyway, I can't believe the Google guys didn't include that very common functionality in their browser. Do you have the same problem? Did you solve it somehow? Thanks in advance!

This is a pain actually. There have been bugs about this on the site itself. Just check out Chromium Development Blog. Its about PDF files, because you need Adobe Acrobat's plug-n because they haven't developed a standalone reader for files unlike other browsers. They took it out beta because of they need to take advantage of the growing market, unlike GMail where as long it stays in perpetual beta it cannot be mocked, while Chrome is good enough to get out and get going. Just check out code.google.com/chromium

dun worry coz chrome is nt the best but u shd opera or safari or mozilla which r perfect and not to forget there speed so try thisi have heard about an browser named flock2 i dunno abt dis browser so plz if any1 knows plz tell me...........for further assistence contact me...rite2alok@gmail.comtestingpirakx@gmail.com

No PDFGoogle Chrome Not Showing Pdf Files!?

You have to install the following plugins into Firefox or they won't work in Google Chrome. No I'm not on drugs. :) You have to do it this way.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/

Real Player still won't work in Chrome.

The Firefox Windows Media Player Plugin there will allow you to play videos in the browser window instead of opening Windows Media Player.

Many of Google Official Help Groups have been moved to Google Support where you can get better help with almost no spam.

https://support.google.com/

Here is Google Chrome Forum

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?hl=en%23!forum/chrome

-reply by Dwight Stegall

Forgot SomethingGoogle Chrome Not Showing Pdf Files!?

Instead of installing the Adobe Reader plugin in Firefox use Foxit Reader plugin. I like Adobe Reader better myself.

-reply by Dwight Stegall