xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Joshua

Fixing The Economy - Plan

No government would even consider such policies/measures in place because governments are heavily HEAVILY influenced and basically run for the interest of big businesses and not for the people as you may think.
JFK was lobbying against the greedy bankers of America and was assassinated because of it. You think any future presidents will try meddle with their interests again?

Actually, some of the items they're putting in the stimulus bill are replicas of ideas I've been proposing to politicians for months, such as capping CEO salaries for bailed out companies, and a 'Buy American' campaign - which by the way I gave up on because I realized it wasn't practical. Obviously, I'm now suggesting the minimum wage-based tariff instead. At any rate, it all turned out for the best, since Congress didn't let that go through, but instead replaced it with a restriction that all public works programs under the new stimulus bill must use goods manufactured in America - which by the way I agree with, and wish I'd thought of it.

Point is, Congress is more than willing to help this stuff go through, and even though big business and CEOs are protesting, the concern over the economy is getting this stuff through right now. What's more, there's a huge amount of support from the public for both those measures, so why not even more of my ideas as well?

Oh, and by the way, I'm now suggesting a 15% cap on home interest rates as well. I think it could help stop the predatory lending that got us into this housing crisis in the first place. Interest rates really shouldn't get that high anyway, and only hidden clauses in contracts can really explain them getting that high, at least from what I understand.