xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

vista + azureus=good. vuze=bad Azureus With Vista

vista + azureus=good. vuze=badAzureus With Vista

For some reason when I started with Vista, running Azureus 3 worked like a charm. But one day that annoying little update crept up on me and installed the new Vuze. I tried switching back to Azureus 3 but ever since the update, even after an attempted uninstall, it just won't work! Running it as XP sp2 doesn't seem to work for me either. Any suggestions?-and although I hate to leave the blue frog, any other software you would recomend? thx

Taifallos

Have you tried doing a system restore that might fix your problem as for recommendations on alternative software all I can say is google search. Since point to torrent software is not a good to be doing these days and it starts attracting the wrong type of crowd here.

I reallly recommend using utorrent as a replacement, I have been using it since 2007, and it just perfect. and I hear it's the most popular bit-torrent downloader. utorrent is also very light, and it doesn't hurt your computer's performance. here is a link to download it: http://download.cnet.com/uTorrent/3000-2196_4-10528327.html good luck! I have also tried it with Windows XP/Vista/7 and it works fine on all of them.

Vuze is also good. It uses the same Azureus functions. It comes with lot of new stuff, but the torrent client is just as awesome as it was before. If you still want to remove Vuze then use the uninstall manager in vista. After that you can install Azureus 3.

P.S : utorrent is also a very good client. A small torrent client but very reliable one. This can be another option for you.

x31110vista + azureus=good. vuze=bad

Obviously know nothing about computers if you have to format once a month. I **** around with settings and tinker with **** all the time.

You need to learn how to image your computer and do that once a week so if you ever **** something up you can just restore the image.

Newb

and to the guy who is recommending utorrent.. A client now owned by the MPAA...Ok I see when you posted, this wasnt the case.. I too was a fan of utorrent

-reply by Scotty