xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
byrdhouse

Does Anyone Own A Business? Show me the money

Just curious...does anyone own a legitimate business? Is your business just starting out (spending most of your dollars getting the word out) or has it been established for quite some time making some hard earned payola? If so, what are some things you're learning about yourself, your trade, etc?

For myself, I work a full time job (factory--third shift B) ) and I own a window cleaning business that I schedule between sleep, family, and the constant called Life. :P Personally, I enjoy making money on my own and having the flexibility that window cleaning offers. The business requires meticulous scheduling, some flexibility, and balancing your workload. My goal is to eventually get away from the J.O.B. (just over broke) and do the window cleaning full time. Some of my philosophy--don't make money for someone else (especially your boss's wife instead of your own (wife, that is))...you are never paid what you are worth but you are getting there by having your own business, and love what you do (Life is way too short!)

...just stoking the fire to get some thoughts going

Take Care,

Henry Ford :D

Well, I dont own a business but the family does. Its called Cinfully Yours. We make all kinds of backed goods and what not. Our websites alittle messed up with the links and stuff all over the place but our website is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Were kinda like Ms. Fields but different and we make everything home made at our house. We have made about $500+ just from internet orders. Then our relitives buy stuff and all that. :P

My dad owns his own business building custom fishing rods. He has been open for about a year now and is still in the red but hes making it back slowly. He runs it out of the house and builds all type of fishing rods. He has loved fishing his entire life and uses rods he has built instead of store bought factory produced. Plus he has very good prices compared to some of the factory prices out there. :D:P

Maddog39 and King-Squad do you plan on being a part of the business or are you going to venture out on your own? Have you learned anything from seeing how they run their businesses? Ok, enough questions...thanks for your comments.Take Care,Byrdhouse :P

Ive learned a few things about it even tho it doesnt interest me that much. However i will probably continue it for a few years before i get to far into my own job. Do you own or your family own a business and if so are you going to continue on with it or just let it go under once it changes hands? :P

I dont own a business but i think i will try to do so in the near future. :P I'm still preparing and doing research before i invest some money into it. I' planning on internet business B)

Well, I dont own a business but the family does. Its called Cinfully Yours. We make all kinds of backed goods and what not. Our websites alittle messed up with the links and stuff all over the place but our website is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Were kinda like Ms. Fields but different and we make everything home made at our house. We have made about $500+ just from internet orders. Then our relitives buy stuff and all that. :D

44833[/snapback]

wow .. that is a nice website i guess B) You make me so hungry .. Those cookies are so temptating B)

i own loads of websites and email networks and stuff but my folks wont let m make money of them (cant wait till im 16, know what i mean. lol)

Ive learned a few things about it even tho it doesnt interest me that much.  However i will probably continue it for a few years before i get to far into my own job.  Do you own or your family own a business and if so are you going to continue on with it or just let it go under once it changes hands?  :D

44956[/snapback]

I own my company and don't have family (mom, dad, brothers and sister) nearby to rely on or pass it to. I plan to keep it and to grow it to where I can manage it and only physically work when I want to. This will take time of course but I believe it will be a lucrative business that could be my sole profession.

...hope I answered your questions.

Take Care,

Bill Gates :D

Well, I don't own a business but my dad does.Basically, his company does 2 main things.1. they have seminar centre/holiday resort where they run a leadership and teamwork training every weekend. (many companies send their employees to attend the course.) My dad is a trainer himself as well. :D 2. Sub-contract: again to do with human resorces. If I were to run a business myself, I would wanna open a music school. :D

Just curious...does anyone own a legitimate business?  Is your business just starting out (spending most of your dollars getting the word out) or has it been established for quite some time making some hard earned payola?  If so, what are some things you're learning about yourself, your trade, etc? 

For myself, I work a full time job (factory--third shift  :P ) and I own a window cleaning business that I schedule between sleep, family, and the constant called Life.  :angry: Personally, I enjoy making money on my own and having the flexibility that window cleaning offers.  The business requires meticulous scheduling, some flexibility, and balancing your workload.  My goal is to eventually get away from the J.O.B. (just over broke) and do the window cleaning full time.  Some of my philosophy--don't make money for someone else (especially your boss's wife instead of your own (wife, that is))...you are never paid what you are worth but you are getting there by having your own business, and love what you do (Life is way too short!)

...just stoking the fire to get some thoughts going

Take Care,

Henry Ford  :)

44801[/snapback]

I own a "bussines" but its under my dad's name...so that i cant get in trouble....I make about Ł400 a month from selling mobiles and technology.... I dont have a fulltime job atm lol.... so how is it like working in the market?Must be tough...my dad always comes home with a grumpy face and bags under his eyes from sitting on the computer 24/7. I "suggested" to him to take it easy and just go with it but oh no he has to stress and three guesses who he takes the anger out on :blink::ph34r:

I really want to start a small business too, something computer services related. But its hard to make money due to all the competitions out there. I dont know if its worth the time of a University student to start these types of business. Any stories and advices anyone?

I really want to start a small business too, something computer services related. But its hard to make money due to all the competitions out there. I dont know if its worth the time of a University student to start these types of business. Any stories and advices anyone?

65843[/snapback]

My advice would be to find a niche market, do something a little different than what everyone else is doing and then provide exceptional service. And I do mean, "exceptional"!--people demand more these days. I would also suggest starting out small and really get to know your competition ahead of time. I chose window cleaning because even though there is some competition there is just way too many windows for everyone in this business to get to. It also helps me pick and choose what business I want ('cause I know that there are zillions of other business or residential windows that I can do). Anyway, relating to computer technology, I think the trend nowadays is in teaching. Teaching classes on various software programs, operating systems, how to build pc's, web design construction, etc. People want to know how their little boxes work and the various software/programs that make them work. And the last advice and I think the most important is to get into something that you would really enjoy :) --LIFE IS WAY TOO SHORT!!!

I hope this helps...

Peace,

Byrdhouse :D

I have just started my own publishing business.I have been a writer for nearly all of my life - started at 7 right after I got hooked on reading. After winning competitions and having a few articles published but without any luck for my books, I wantewd to self-publish but was very put off by the prices. Now I've decided to actually publish work, and not only my own...It is actually quite a lot tougher than I thought. I know how to write and edit- mostly ;) - but all the work that goes on during pre-press, like cover designing and layouts, and all the marketing side of it, I had to learn and both are still quite strange and scary for me.But I wouldn't give it up, even if I'm not really making lots of money out of it. I love being my own boss!