xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Xalor

Defining The Web 2.0 Standard

What do you believe is the Web 2.0 standard? How would one define that boundaries from the past and the section that leads to the future? I believe that one can divide it into three parts:1. Logo/Name2. Template/Design3. Content Management System1a. LogoA logo of the Web 2.0 represents a minor 3-D or partial animation, at most. It is usually a sillhoute, with rounded edges, and must be vector based. It should represent an aspect of the name, and incorporate the name or initials of the company into the logo. It should be able to be branded easily and integrated throughout the site. Logos must also be rendered, and reflect no more than 3 colors, that form the basis of the site. Logos should be integrated with the name, where the name is synonymous with the logo. 1b. NameComming Soon....Add what you wish, but it's rather late now, so I will finish another day.

What do you believe is the Web 2.0 standard? How would one define that boundaries from the past and the section that leads to the future?

I believe that one can divide it into three parts:
1. Logo/Name
2. Template/Design
3. Content Management System

1a. Logo
A logo of the Web 2.0 represents a minor 3-D or partial animation, at most. It is usually a sillhoute, with rounded edges, and must be vector based. It should represent an aspect of the name, and incorporate the name or initials of the company into the logo. It should be able to be branded easily and integrated throughout the site. Logos must also be rendered, and reflect no more than 3 colors, that form the basis of the site. Logos should be integrated with the name, where the name is synonymous with the logo.

1b. Name
Comming Soon....
Add what you wish, but it's rather late now, so I will finish another day.

I don't think web 2.0 has anything to do with logos and how they are categorized. I think its more to do with what web pages offers in terms of functionality and response to the end user.

In my personal opinion, Web 2.0 is the usability of the website, a clear and easy to use design which features good textures.It has to be simple, please not that i used the word simple and not minimalistic. The content needs to be focused, clean and using the minimal amount of features to deliver that content! How to make it simple? Remove unnecessary features but dont sacrifice design or effectiveness.A central layout, most "Web 2.0" designs position their website centrally and use fewer columns. An exception to this would be e-commerce websites such as Amazon or e-bay. Who effectively use multiple columns to communicate products to the end user. Many new websites have a sperate top section / header which is placed across the top of the page. Lots of designs focus on simple, clean main navigation bars which communicate the main sections to the user. Of course, there are many more Web 2.0 'trends' of which you can find yourself but to me these are the most noticable.Hope this helps and im wondering what everone else's views on this are!

web 2.0 basicly describes websites built specially for mobile devices that is the meaning of web 2.0

That's actually untrue. Making websites available for mobile devices may be a side effect of Web 2.0, but it is not the definition.Web 2.0 is basically a change in the way websites are designed now. Now, websites are aimed at communication between people and sharing files/information between people. Social networking sites are excellent examples of this, as they are primarily aimed at connecting people to one another.

Doesn't web 2.0 include all the new social networking and blogging websites?

Yes I does, and It looks fantastic I'm sure I will have to get it :D

Doesn't web 2.0 include all the new social networking and blogging websites?

Yes. User generated content is the main basis of web 2.0. It's a major change really. Digg, tweeter, facebook and youtube are all web 2.0 websites.
As for design, web 2.0 is usually very clean and simple with a focus on information being clear and with a purpose, think googles frontpage.