xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tramposch

Separate Server For Subdomain

Is there a way I can make a subdomain use a separate server/hosting plan than the actual domain? Kind of like what Xisto does with its subdomains it gives people for hosting. I want a server exclusively for media to take the load off of my site's server and free up disc space. I thought about how I would do it for a while, but couldn't figure it out.

A far as I understand,Xisto won't let you do a page redirectfrom your root domain but I haven't heard anything about that as far assub domains go.In that case,simply do a php redirect from the index page in your subdomainto your other hosting site. I don't think there should be any problemwith that.

Yes you can do this but it will require you to pay, you may not be able to do it in here Xisto.com, you may host for free but uploading lots of files may fill up your memory. So i would recommend you to pay, for what your trying to do try 000webhost.com but i recommend you to just pay for it here in Xisto and upload lots of files and pay a little more monthly but simply what your trying to do is almos implossible if your not hosting your own server, or website.