xisto Community
freeflashclocks

Give A Professional Review Of My Blog Thannk you in advance

My Blog Link: http://freeflashclocks.eu/blog

My Blog Title: Free Flash Clocks Blog

My Blog Purpose: Put our Free Flash Clocks in all websites and blogs (Yes, it's big!)

Page Rank in Google.com: Number 1

-----------------------------------------------

I started this project a long time ago, perhaps 3 or 4 years, and in the meantime, i fighted to insert my website on the first result of google for my website theme main keywordsand key phrases, and i did that, but i can stop, so lately i made huge changes to the design, structure, and displaying of the google adsense ads, which brought me nothing but good results, but i am still not happy, i must increase the clicks on the ads, increase the number of visitors and i sure hope you give me a professional review to help achieve that.

If you think i should modify or add anything to the website as it is right now, please tell me, i will continue using the wordpress blog and that is going to be the main website, i though of perhaps add tutorials to help people learn a couple of thinks regarding the using and editing of the free flash clocks, but i need help to do that, how should i do it, et cetera.

Be creative too if you can, but i simple review is also what i am asking from you trapers, thanks.

That is great you have a number 1 ranking page. Great job so far. I remember you doing a few re design's of the website over the years but too be honest visually they were not that impressive. I think it would be best to find a professional designer to give it a real professional look or you can find a better looking template that the current one.I will outline what I think is not working (This is probably due to the template you are using).1. The content width for your site is too narrow. Your google ads are cut off on the end.2. no clear indication of location. only the title really gives a hint to where you are and where you've just clicked. You sort of have to read the page title and look at the content to try and guess where you are and where you want to go next. I think your template is missing a header location and you need to group news updates and clocks separately. They seem all mixed.3. The whole idea of calender dates for site entries I'm not used to. Why would I be interested in that particular date? does it mean something to me? I would rather just view list of updates by news or clocks uploaded.4. I would suggest you use the top navigation where "Home" and "About" is for all your main pages. add clocks and news there. then use the vertical left column for sub menus of that page. Overall every thing looks jumbled up and not so professional so I hope you can see it from my point of view. You don't need links on the left column all the time sometimes its best just to have as little content as you can.Edit: Oh yeah since your a number 1 ranking page you need a logo to help brand your site. People will better remember you if you have a professional looking logo. Logo > theme > design

Edited by sonesay (see edit history)

Thanks sonesay, good review indeed.Regarding the calendar, if you see, the days that have active links, are the days our blog authors posted free flash clocks, which you see if you mouse-over the link and/or click the links.If you scrool down the page, which i only show 3 flash clocks per page (we update the blog with 3 flash clocks everyday, almost), there is a button link to see the previous posts, like a normal blog, but i agree with you, i should insert perhaps a links to the previous posts on the top page, but since it is a free premium wordpress theme, things are hard to custom, allthough i will in time, but time is also the problem to me and to the authors that are helping me creating the flash clocks and the topics/posts.Well, the design i like very much, and a lot of people said it is impressive design and template structure, allthough i must fix that google ads thing on the end, i must increase the line between the white and black if you know what i mean since you saw it too, though, it does not stay bad really, but i must fix it.The logo is another link i must do, i must replace the current for the new, which also is something i still do not know how because it is a custom theme.

My main problem, especially as the site continues to grow, would be finding the clocks. The date-based system used by Wordpress (the calendar and archives) don't really make sense for what you are using the site for. For example, I'm not going to want to know when a clock was posted on the site; rather, I want to know what the clocks are like. Take advantage of Wordpress's tag system to tag each clock with helpful hints about what the clock looks like. This way people can find them much easier than going through every clock one by one from the beginning.The little smiley face in the bottom left should also go - it doesn't fit and looks unprofessional. Find some other way to track your stats. There are plenty of plugins for Wordpress that do a good job without putting a smiley face on your pages :P

I changed the theme, i like this one better.I took the calendar off.I added links to previous topics with a sort of navigation menu where people see that there is more too see and they also see where they are, in which page i mean.I am working on the logo, soon i will change the current for the new.The google ads are displaying correctly now, but i will change the colour of the ads to suit the theme colours if you know what i mean.Members and visitors see now the categories i have, and their posts/topics.They can also see my archives, which is another way to see what i have, though i must organize the flash clocks in categories, like analog clocks, digital clocks, caldenar clocks, and so on... .I am editing the blog menu (the pages), i need to edit the pages named archives and contact us.I will left the bottom banners on the footers blog to anyone that will want to advertise on my blog, or to add some banners to link exchange partners/websites.Oh, rvalkass, i consider your review to be quite usefull too, thank you so much.What do you think of this, and what about the new theme?

Edited by freeflashclocks (see edit history)

I think a blog type of a website will just not work for this type of website. Visitors need to be able to easily navigate and find what they are looking for. I think you need to organize your clocks into a gallery type or at least a directory type of listing all on one page. Thumb nail views would help. The way its organized now I cannot see the clock until I view the "Post" in full. Other wise all I see a textual description of it. The fact that I never liked them (Blogs) and I have only gone there to read them if I really needed to read article from there. They are good for articles but for any other type of media I don't know. I still think you need a custom website with layout and structure to properly present your clocks. Maybe try another CMS like joomla or something else that supports a gallery?

You are right sonesay, but that can be done with the wordpress blog, i forgot to say abobe that i am also going to:Create sub-categories for the flash clocks, under or sub the free flash clocks categorie which you can see in the top right side, and by the way, you should see the flash clocks in any page, at least 3 per page, i do not understand why you say that and why it is happening to you, but i will get into that to verify.The sub categories will be: . Analog flash clocks . Digital flash clocks . High-Tech flash clocks . Calendar style flash clocks (clocks and calendars) But i know what you mean, perhaps show a gallery of many flash clocks per page with a screenshot/thumbmail preview of each one, yes, i thought of that, but for now i will try this way, if does not work so well, i will then change.

I customized the header, which i thought it was the main thing to do first, and so, i inserted a guestbook page plus a cool guestbook script, i inserted a contact us page with a cool flash web contact form, all customized to fit the theme design and structure.I am now going to work in the flash clocks categories and sub-categories, and i must think about it, which categories i am actually going to add, the problem is that i add flash clocks that are very cool, yes, but they are in the general categorie, i think i must be quite creative in that, lets see what i do about that, i will update the info in here.I am also going to edit the tags, i must go to every page in the manage menu to edit all topics to add the tags to each topic, that is a lot of work!If anyone can contribute, please do so.