xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
enhu

My Usb Can Be Recognize By A Computer Yet I Can't View Those Files Inside i cant even reformat it

I cant even reformat it, since everytime i tired to it says: PLEASE INSERT the drive E.
Please please. anyone knows what to do?

May want to check and see if the drivers are up to date and installed correctly, if you have not done so already. Are you able to move the files over to your C:\ drive?

How old is your computer? Is this a new problem? Sometimes you just need to refresh the page, and try using a different port, I blew out my USB Jack somehow and it doesn't work on my computer. Sometimes it happens if you have an old computer, without USB 2.0 and it doesn't work. Give us some more information. Try using it another computer. I just left it in the computer, then shut it down, and see if it reacted when I turn it back on. Normally it doesn't accept Flash Drives and refuses to continue, until I remove it accept that its there. Try it that way and then you'll find out whether the computer or the drive is at fault.

Here are a few things that you can try out, First check if your USB drive works on other systems. If it is giving the same issue then most probably the USB has gone bad. If so the last resort would be to try to download the USB drivers from internet and try again. Secondly are you sure that you are using a proper flash drive? I mean if you are using something like an iPod as a USB device then there might be some security around it which might cause you to see nothing.

I fyou really want to check the files on your usb then you should right click on the usb icon and select EXPLORE if you are running windows.The problem might be a virus of some sort so may want to run chkdsk just to check if it has any errors and stuff.If this doesn't work, let me know.