xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadow skazi

Photoshop - Ghostly Text

Step 1
Open up a new canvas in Photoshop, make it relatively large. (400x500 should do fine) Give it a black background and move on to the next step.

Step 2
Create a new text layer, and use a basic font. I used AnimeAce, Bold, 100pt. (Times New Roman looks nice, as well) Make it white, the merge the text layer with the black background. When you're done, move on.

Step 3
This step requires a filter. Go into the Filter menu, then into the artistic menu. Select Underpainting, and use the default settings. When thats done, move on to the final step.

Step 4 (final)
Duplicate your layer, and go into the Filter Menu. Go into Blur, and select Motion Blur (with your top layer selected). Use the following settings:

Angle: 0°
Distance: 18

Finally, set your top layer's blending mode to Lighten.

Finished!

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Oh me gah, that is so awesome. It looks like.....Grungy-ish-type almost. That's pretty awesome. I don't like to use photoshop too much though, just because I have 64 mb of ram and photoshop (I only have 6.0) takes up an awful lot of memory, so it just takes a long time to load and such. But that's pretty awesome. ::saves tutorial::

How to get full version of Photoshop?

44759[/snapback]

well, you, er, buy it. Well, it's either that or you get a priated versoin, which i don't recmoommned. best if you get the actaul one. Go to Adobe.com or vist BestBuy, or a computer software store.