xisto Community
chakri

Car Giveaway In Malls

It happened to me, I was walking in a mall near my home and I saw a sports car and people were filling their names and phone number in an attempt to win the car in a lucky drawing. Since it was free I gave my name. Six months later, I received a phone call and it was a timeshare deal. They told me "you have to attend a 90 minute session " to get the gift. I started getting suspicious. Soon, I did some digging and realized that the 90 minute session is actually a 90 minute one one one session under a high pressure sales situation.At the end you get a travel voucher with over a hundred regulations. - you have to travel on a wed and return on thursday. you have to pay security refundable depost etc etc. So be careful and keep walking if you see a shiny car parked inside a mall.

It happened to me, I was walking in a mall near my home and I saw a sports car and people were filling their names and phone number in an attempt to win the car in a lucky drawing. Since it was free I gave my name. Six months later, I received a phone call and it was a timeshare deal. They told me "you have to attend a 90 minute session " to get the gift. I started getting suspicious. Soon, I did some digging and realized that the 90 minute session is actually a 90 minute one one one session under a high pressure sales situation.
At the end you get a travel voucher with over a hundred regulations. - you have to travel on a wed and return on thursday. you have to pay security refundable depost etc etc.
So be careful and keep walking if you see a shiny car parked inside a mall.

Oh man I feel for ya. been there done that hung up the phone. I remember one such prize I filled out once. I won but I lost too. They did not tell you, that you had to pay X amount for shipping and handling, plus sales tax. ended up costing me almost the price of the prize. a TV by the way. So yes people beware there is a scammer born every 30 seconds and a sucker born every min

Oh man I feel for ya. been there done that hung up the phone. I remember one such prize I filled out once. I won but I lost too. They did not tell you, that you had to pay X amount for shipping and handling, plus sales tax. ended up costing me almost the price of the prize. a TV by the way. So yes people beware there is a scammer born every 30 seconds and a sucker born every min

LOL..............

That's a great incidence man....
By the way i have won many prize for no price at all........
You just have to keep in mind the to read terms and condition of the offer...............

As the saying goes Nothing is free in this world

Hey that reminded me an older event me and my friend went to an electronic mall near to my home to purchase a Mobile and it was festival season in India. There were so many schemes inside the mall and so many so called gift voucher first was that if you will purchase something on ICICI debit or credit card then you will get a discount of 5% then there was 2.5% of corporate discount on our i-cards so it was good deal overall and after all they told us that if we purchase over 5K Rs. Then we will win a sure reward we purchased a Sony mobile of nearly 10k and when we went for billing they told us that discount is not on the mobile(non of the both) we said ok at least we have to purchase the mobile. We won a free air ticket between some pair of cities with a hell lot of condition that you have to register before a given date and you can fly only between this to this date(an off season) but any how we manage a friend to take advantage of that ticket and then finally we found that free part was only for the ticket and not for the taxes. And you will not believe the ticket price on those airlines can?t cross 2$ rest 50$ were of taxes?.so after paying a 50$ who was going to fly in an off season in one of the chipset airline in India. That?s how these people manage to give the gift ?.

LOL..............
That's a great incidence man....
By the way i have won many prize for no price at all........
You just have to keep in mind the to read terms and condition of the offer...............

As the saying goes Nothing is free in this world

lol like the song goes, money for nothing and chicks for free, yes always read the fine print.

I don't really understand the concept of a timeshare very well. I heard about scams like these, all over some do work though, and other ones just give you something else instead of a car, more of a free ticket or something else. The car is usually just a gimmick. The phone numbers though are distributed to telemarketers. That's how you get those annoying calls, and how they can get your number. Its not through the phone-book. Email is worse though, they find out your email and marketing spam will destroy your inbox. That is pretty funny though, you often just enter those for fun, I always believed it never worked, goes to show that you won. Anyway do you think that they call randomly the people who entered, to get them to join the timeshare?

My mother deserve this carCar Giveaway In Malls

My mom deserve a nice car.She's been through alot.She's battle with seizures for years.Until the good lord healed her with the help of an herb we found. She's a really good mother and  not alot of people can say that about their mom this day and time.But my mother is awesome I thank God for her.She's not  only a mother but a friend.She's been  by me side thru thick and thin. We lost my dad about 10 years ago due to cancer. However,my mom realize that when God pluck someone, he always select a beautiful  flower.My mother is courageous and always says that you can do any thing you want, if you put your mind to it.This is why I feel that she deserve this car because she's never won anything and she's never looked for an hand out.But always gave back to her community some kind of way.This lady would give the last shirt off her back to any one.

-reply by torie thompson

I've done the timeshare pitch before. I got $40 out of it but spent 2 hours listening to this (very professorial) salesmen. It was kind of pathetic thought, he really thought I was going to buy a timeshare. I didn't know my saying "yeah this sounds like a cheaper way to vacation" meant to him, "I want to purchase this". Unless you are a hardcore vacationer (2-3 times a year) it's not worth it. It was like nails on a chalk board trying to tell this guy no. Then he sent for some old timer to try another pitch. There were about 100 other people in this great room getting the same pitch. It was at this huge resort and not a place that look to me like a place I would want to stay at.Not a fun time.

Edited by Stardust_Moods (see edit history)

The things people do for money...I've never been fortunate enough to win much of anything significant, but then again I haven't put myself in the position to win either. Ironically, that in and of itself helps in the prevention of becoming involved in a scam.Make sense?

Rarely is there such "contest" whereby you dont have to do anything. In this case, it looks like the company is using the free car as an marketing tools. And they have succeed in getting 1) free publicity and 2) most importantly, leads.