xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
whyme

Arrrrrrrgghhh! omg...

While testing a PHP script, I just sent myself (and two of my friends, hehe, erhm..) an infinite loop of emails, and didn't notice. And when I checked my email this afternoon... it used all remaining space on my gmail email account, over 45,600 emails! My friends are really going to be pissed at me... :P. Sigh, why must life be so cruel, now i have to spend the rest of my day deleting emails...

Pwned. By the way, sending many many emails at a time is against Xisto's TOS. Just telling ya if you did host it on Xisto >_>

While testing a PHP script, I just sent myself (and two of my friends, hehe, erhm..) an infinite loop of emails, and didn't notice. And when I checked my email this afternoon... it used all remaining space on my gmail email account, over 45,600 emails! My friends are really going to be pissed at me...  :D. Sigh, why must life be so cruel, now i have to spend the rest of my day deleting emails...

44647[/snapback]

OMG!!! I wish I could help you but im horribly ignorant when it comes to php lol but if you think about it its kinda funny?...maybe?..yeah I think I would be a little ticked if I got over 40,000 emails. lol thats like hella uber spam right there!! but it wasnt intentional. HOLY LOOPING EMAILS BATMAN!!!

is it me or do people quote to get more characters? ^^ hmm anyway, how does that loop work? id like to try it on somebody i dont like (or myself) but not using Xisto of course :D please post the code thanks im not a php expert

Pwned. By the way, sending many many emails at a time is against Xisto's TOS. Just telling ya if you did host it on Xisto >_>

44657[/snapback]

I did not host it at Xisto.com but used an peronsal server that my friend has, he gave me the php codes, and i was fooling around withthe functions and values, and long story short, erhm..this big fiasco came out. If I hosted the script on Xisto, i'd be pretty, er, screwed...

OMG!!! I wish I could help you but im horribly ignorant when it comes to php lol but if you think about it its kinda funny?...maybe?..yeah I think I would be a little ticked if I got over 40,000 emails. lol thats like hella uber spam right there!! but it wasnt intentional. HOLY LOOPING EMAILS BATMAN!!!

45349[/snapback]

basically i was testing out the open source support ticket script @ http://www.osticket.com/ and i messedaround with the values and stuff. And then I looked at this tutorial, and it further scrwed me over. http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_looping.asp

I recommend deleting the last post and edit your last one. That way, we don't get double posting! Thanks!Edit: I guess it doesn't matter because there is Kind of a post in the middle :D

Edited by Dooga (see edit history)