xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lonebyrd

What Would You Want? In a TV simulation game

I appreciate any advice in advance. I have many small ideas to make a T.V. Simulation game. This is the reason why I want the web-hosting here. My question is what would you like to see in a text based T.V. sim game? I have idea's about starting a small kind of public access type T.V. station then working your way up. I have some loose ideas about having advertisement slots, crew, actors etc....So.... What would you want?

What exactly is a T.V. Sim Game? If its like an online T.V. Simulation that you make on how to manage a T.V. Station I would actually make into a browser based arcade style game, instead of text-based. Flash Games and Script Based games are often easy to get younger kids to play, but unless its at the Sims or a game like Age of Empires, I don't think it will do too well. Consolidate your ideas and make the site a development site in the beginning. I would want something that lets you compete with other channels as in getting more viewers and subscribers. It also should have a lot to do with money.

It would be managing a T.V. station. I don't know how to do a great deal of coding so I was thinking starting with text based and see how it went. I play a very popular film making text based game and I know they are trying to incorporate T.V. with it too.

Can you give me a link to the film-making game? The idea of a text based game, sort of throws me off. Coding isn't necessary for text based games, also, unless well you have only a certain option, that isn't generated from person to person, which kind of throws it off. I would recommend learning a bit of a Flash, and start making into a flash game, could get more views, and flash games aren't too difficult, from what I've heard.

Can you give me a link to the film-making game? The idea of a text based game, sort of throws me off. Coding isn't necessary for text based games, also, unless well you have only a certain option, that isn't generated from person to person, which kind of throws it off. I would recommend learning a bit of a Flash, and start making into a flash game, could get more views, and flash games aren't too difficult, from what I've heard.

The link is Fantasy Film Maker. I believe it is all text based though there is some pictures.

I personally think, TV is something that people would like to watch without interruption. People dont like mixing TV with something else. Many companies tried to add internet to TV but have failed to catch up, There are some tvs with games like tetris and it did not really pick up. So be cautious about developing a TV based game...

The main thing about making this game is to come up with your own tv shows, write them out with weekly plots. Casting, directors, production all come into consideration. If anyone has played anything like Project Rockstar or Fantasy film maker, you would know kinda what i'm aiming for.

I personally think, TV is something that people would like to watch without interruption. People dont like mixing TV with something else. Many companies tried to add internet to TV but have failed to catch up, There are some tvs with games like tetris and it did not really pick up. So be cautious about developing a TV based game...

it isn't mixing tv it is a strictly game only thing. it won't be watching tv shows it will be making them in a text based world. It would be done with PHP and XHTML, mostly.