xisto Community
chakri

Fixing Healthcare System

The medical system is broken. And the problem is no one seems to understand that is is. Here are a few things to do.First thing is to kick out insurance people from the medical world. You go to a doctor,you pay up. The middleman (insurance) does not add anything productive to the system but leaches on it.Second kick out lawyers and lawsuits. It is these lawyers who don't add anything to the GDP of a country. Nothing against them, they are needed in several areas. But should be minimized in health care. Unless the doctor really screwed up, one should not be allowed to sue the doc. Docs are paying about 30K a year in Malpractice insurance. They take this money from the consumers.

The medical system is broken. And the problem is no one seems to understand that is is.
Here are a few things to do.
First thing is to kick out insurance people from the medical world. You go to a doctor,you pay up. The middleman (insurance) does not add anything productive to the system but leaches on it.

Second kick out lawyers and lawsuits. It is these lawyers who don't add anything to the GDP of a country. Nothing against them, they are needed in several areas. But should be minimized in health care. Unless the doctor really screwed up, one should not be allowed to sue the doc. Docs are paying about 30K a year in Malpractice insurance. They take this money from the consumers.

It's not only that, that is wrong with healthcare but a lot of other things too. This all started way back when. Even before GW Bush. It's a little thing called inflation. Also you have so many people getting welfare, that can not pay a doctor or a hospital. they have to get the money someplace. You know if you live in a nursing home in the US you are only allowed 35USD out of your monthly soc sec check? the rest goes to pay for your stay. and then it still isnt paying all of your bill.

they main problem is welfare. there so many here in the US that are ripping off hospitals and doctors when all they have to do is get off there lazy blank and get a job. I am not saying your fully wrong in your statement, your not. but that is the main problem with it. So many abusing the welfare system in this country.

I find the term "health care" as used to describe our medical established an oximoron, at best - meaning, there is isn't much healthy about health care, as it currently exists. People are generally treated as machines as opposed to the unique and complex individuals they are. One size does Not fit all. And doctors often fail to take this into consideration when they so freely dole out their toxic pharmaseutical band aids. Please note, I am not referring to holistic and traditional practitioners here. These healers diagnose the whole person as an individual, relying on ancient cures that honor the individual, and do not refer to the one-size-fits-all MERK medical manual the establishment runs to for cover. In the States, medical doctors are responsible for more deaths than auto accidents. This is why lawsuits against this negligent group are so common, and why they should not be revoked. These so-called professionals are being sued for good reason. THEY KILL PEOPLE!!!

I think it is not so simple to fix the health care system. However to start with Hospitals should not be obliged to treat patients without insurance or payment (unless life threatening situations). But I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon.

I think it is not so simple to fix the health care system.
However to start with Hospitals should not be obliged to treat patients without insurance or payment (unless life threatening situations). But I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon.

thing with that is ethics. that is why a person becomes a doctor or nurse. to treat the ill. if a hospial refused to treat someone, say with a minor illness, that had no insureance. that hospital could face a problem of being sued if that illness that person had became life threatening. It is a give and take thing the way that I see it. Yes it can be fixed, but it will take a lot and I do mean a lot of work. Not only from our giverment but from Doctors, Hospitals and Insurance Co. The need to rebuild so many of these HMO's that pay for this but will not pay for that.

I think it is not so simple to fix the health care system.
However to start with Hospitals should not be obliged to treat patients without insurance or payment (unless life threatening situations). But I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon.

Not treating someone who doesn't have insurance is like someone telling you because you have no money you have no right to eat and therefore live.

If it was a case of not being treated because you don't have insurance, then the government would HAVE to provide insurance for everyone, not just children or pregnant women.

I personally don't have insurance, I couldn't afford it if I did. Are you going to tell me I can't go to a doctor when I'm in blinding pain even though it's not life threatening? Pain so severe you can't move. Your not going to die from it, but that is basically what your saying there, that I would have no right to go to the hospital to get relief from that pain. What good is a hospital if they does relieve the suffering of people who are in pain whether or not they have insurance.

I had my gall bladder removed 3 years ago. I rated the pain I was in as 10, pain I never had lived through in my life before. Pain that wakes you from a sound sleep and doubles you over to the point of screams and last for hours at a time. I had already been suffering from that pain for two years before I went to the hospital for it. I had gone to clinics for it from which I paid the bills, they told me it was an infection and gave me antibiotics that did nothing for me. It was only when the pain was worse then it had ever been and I could take no more, that I went to the hospital and they actually found the correct source and it was taken care of. Would you have me continue suffering because I didn't have insurance?

The problem truly lies in the cost of everything. If it didn't cost $300 to $1,000 to go to the emergency room people could afford to pay the bills and the hospital wouldn't be losing money day after day, but to deny someone the right to go because of an inability to pay is in effect torture. Last I knew we were out of the dark ages.

I personally think there are a lot of factors to consider,

1. the pharmaceutical companies, they charge such outrageous prices for medication that it is near impossible to get anything, and the insurance companies are having to shell out for it and they raise their premiums to compensate.

2. The cost of education. It costs so much to go to school to become a doctor, or lawyer or anything for that matter that very few can truly afford it, or are in effect spending years and years paying for that education, they in turn have to charge a lot to be able to pay their loans, those who don't shouldn't be allowed to charge so much for their services, becoming a doctor shouldn't be about making money.

3. Malpractice comes from mistakes, or those who are not properly educated, if it's the first well doctors are so worried about their not golf game they aren't paying attention and shouldn't be allowed to do what they are doing, or they are so overworked they are exhausted and same thing. for the later, it goes back t education, and it's the educators who are at fault but since there are so many who contribute to education no one person can be found at fault. Those doctors who are overworked, well I just say if the cost of education was cheaper there would be more doctors, and less overworked ones.

4. Lack of regulation, if the government would come in and really get into regulating healthcare and stopping all thsi inflation it would really be a benefit not only to the hospitals but the patients as well.

There, i'm done. :P

That's a really good idea to get rid of the health insurancepeople.Middle men are one of societys scourges.They mess upeverything from labour to real estate, accelelerating prices andone of the main causes of inflation. More centralization of the medical field would help,as well as governmentsanctioning of who and what could be sued.Theres a lot of abuse.I wish I had a dollar for every person I've seen walking around with acane trying to get on medical benifits.Once they get on these medicalbenefits,magically they no longer need the cane anymore.It's ridiculous.

@ZeyomieI did not mean to say those who don't have insurance should be let to suffer in pain. I know it is not so straight forward. But the point I was trying to make is that there should be a supply and demand relation. . This will force some hospitals or doctors to charge reasonable fees. Right now, just a visit to the emergency care costs over $1000.

Sorry I took it a little personal. But yeah I know what you mean. A lot of my bad credit comes from medical bills. And another problem with the emergency room, half the time they get it wrong. I went in for a toothache that was so bad I couldn't see straight, they tried to treat me for a sore throat! I practically had to yell at the doctor to get him to listen to me. It was ridicules. ER doctors should be rotated into other departments regularly if you has me, so they don't get stuck in the routine of treating everyone the same. I wouldn't have suffered for two years if the doctors in the ER found the problem the first time I was in the ER with it, but they said I had an STD before they got any of the tests back, which technically was not physically possible as I was still a virgin at the time. But Doctors get into that routine where they see so many people we the same symptoms, it never occurs to them to be anything different.

Not treating someone who doesn't have insurance is like someone telling you because you have no money you have no right to eat and therefore live.
If it was a case of not being treated because you don't have insurance, then the government would HAVE to provide insurance for everyone, not just children or pregnant women.

I personally don't have insurance, I couldn't afford it if I did. Are you going to tell me I can't go to a doctor when I'm in blinding pain even though it's not life threatening? Pain so severe you can't move. Your not going to die from it, but that is basically what your saying there, that I would have no right to go to the hospital to get relief from that pain. What good is a hospital if they does relieve the suffering of people who are in pain whether or not they have insurance.

I had my gall bladder removed 3 years ago. I rated the pain I was in as 10, pain I never had lived through in my life before. Pain that wakes you from a sound sleep and doubles you over to the point of screams and last for hours at a time. I had already been suffering from that pain for two years before I went to the hospital for it. I had gone to clinics for it from which I paid the bills, they told me it was an infection and gave me antibiotics that did nothing for me. It was only when the pain was worse then it had ever been and I could take no more, that I went to the hospital and they actually found the correct source and it was taken care of. Would you have me continue suffering because I didn't have insurance?

The problem truly lies in the cost of everything. If it didn't cost $300 to $1,000 to go to the emergency room people could afford to pay the bills and the hospital wouldn't be losing money day after day, but to deny someone the right to go because of an inability to pay is in effect torture. Last I knew we were out of the dark ages.

I personally think there are a lot of factors to consider,

1. the pharmaceutical companies, they charge such outrageous prices for medication that it is near impossible to get anything, and the insurance companies are having to shell out for it and they raise their premiums to compensate.

2. The cost of education. It costs so much to go to school to become a doctor, or lawyer or anything for that matter that very few can truly afford it, or are in effect spending years and years paying for that education, they in turn have to charge a lot to be able to pay their loans, those who don't shouldn't be allowed to charge so much for their services, becoming a doctor shouldn't be about making money.

3. Malpractice comes from mistakes, or those who are not properly educated, if it's the first well doctors are so worried about their not golf game they aren't paying attention and shouldn't be allowed to do what they are doing, or they are so overworked they are exhausted and same thing. for the later, it goes back t education, and it's the educators who are at fault but since there are so many who contribute to education no one person can be found at fault. Those doctors who are overworked, well I just say if the cost of education was cheaper there would be more doctors, and less overworked ones.

4. Lack of regulation, if the government would come in and really get into regulating healthcare and stopping all thsi inflation it would really be a benefit not only to the hospitals but the patients as well.

There, i'm done. :(

Great dear...I really appreciate your way of thinking...