xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Drop Down Menu Best site I have ever seen

I happend to be surfing the net tonight looking at all the ways that dropdown menus can be made and happend to find this Fantastic site. I think anyone that is needed a Drop Down Menu will agree.

http://www.opencube.com/index.asp

Software generate dropdown menus come with too much stuff needed to run them, CSS, Javascript and of course junke code. Granted they look spiffy and could make your site look better, but if you want to actually mimic some of those menus I would try looking at this website, all CSS based menu with some to no javascript involved, sure they don't look pretty but after a bit of coding and redesigning they will look better then ever.

I hate to admit it but your right S_M but but you have to admit there some people around that do like that sort of thing. Yes you can make them yourself and make them all flashy and nice. but there some that honestly do not have time to sit down and do all that coding and need something fast and temperory.

Its pretty good to do that with simple scripts, and nothing beyond the level of JavaScript. I like the features on the main page. The site doesn't look like it can live up to what it can do, since it doesn't seem very amazingly designed. Scripts like those are hard to implement into older forms, since they made this as a CMS.

Opencube does provide a great application for the beginner in drop down CSS menus. However, they can get pretty intensive really quickly and your 2kb menu can soon turn into a 150kb menu, which you definitely want to avoid because it will increase the load time of your site and affect performance. I would recommend more getting some CSS menu tutorials and learning to program them from the ground up.

Software generate dropdown menus come with too much stuff needed to run them, CSS, Javascript and of course junke code. Granted they look spiffy and could make your site look better, but if you want to actually mimic some of those menus I would try looking at this website, all CSS based menu with some to no javascript involved, sure they don't look pretty but after a bit of coding and redesigning they will look better then ever.

It costs to use these codes though doesn't it? That's what it looks like to me anyway. I don't have money to donate to see the codes so I will use other methods