xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rayzoredge

Asus [natur.e] Series

Source

So literally, Asus has a "green" notebook. I loved how they described every little environmentally-friendly detail, such as how it will reduce carbon emissions, reduce the amount of waste metal, and how it's stylish and how the bamboo with literally be personalized with your continued usage over time. But there is something that actually caught my eye, which would actually make this unique look and design worth opting for.

The feature that I'm raving more about than anything else on this Asus series is the Super Hybrid Engine, reducing power usage with an improvement in efficiency up to 53%... which just revolutionizes mobile computing by a bit more, considering how we grovel over our poor battery life spans. Starting from 35% increased efficiency of power usage notebook-wide, I think it's a good step towards conservation, leading to better battery life, less of a worry of having to look for the nearest outlet, and a lesser energy bill with the cost-of-ownership for this particular notebook.

Specs for this laptop aren't too shabby either. Intel duo core support, up to 4GB of RAM, and an NVIDIA 9300 GE video card w/ 256 VRAM is not too bad, considering that you can even play the newer games at lower resolutions without too much stutter. The video chipset also supports HD.

It's probably not worth getting right off the back, but with price drops, this might be something worth looking at, if you don't mind the bamboo look.

Very interesting, your right about it being something you wouldn't just go out and buy, but certainly something worth upgrading in the future when the price drops a but. I like the idea of a greener computer, and certainly the longer battery length, I stay plugged in at all times as my battery only lasts about half an hour. Which basically means, I don't lose everything if the power goes out, but I better hurry up and save. lol Anyway, thanks for sharing.