xisto Community
Mich

Escaping Winter Weather

How is your winter going? We have had so much snow that the drifts along the street are so high, we cannot see over them to get out of our driveway. Well, after this freezing cold and so much snow (2 feet on the ground right now after a good 8 feet has fallen), we are heading south for a couple of weeks relief. After that we will return home for a week or so and I am off to California with a lady friend for another 2 weeks.

Everybody here, please keep the home fires burning and make the new members feel welcome. Warm fuzzies to everybody. For those of you having the same kind of winter as ours, I will try to send sunshine and warm air your way. :P

Don't get too wild while I am gone. :P

Edited by Mich (see edit history)

How is your winter going? We have had so much snow that the drifts along the street are so high, we cannot see over them to get out of our driveway. Well, after this freezing cold and so much snow (2 feet on the ground right now after a good 8 feet has fallen), we are heading south for a couple of weeks relief. After that we will return home for a week or so and I am off to California with a lady friend for another 2 weeks.

Everybody here, please keep the home fires burning and make the new members feel welcome. Warm fuzzies to everybody. For those of you having the same kind of winter as ours, I will try to send sunshine and warm air your way. :P

Don't get too wild while I am gone. :P

Well has not been as bad as other parts of the US here in new jersey, Yes we have had a little snow. totals of near 3 inches all winter. which for me is below normal. But has been very very cold. And I do agree with ya Mitch. Make them all feel welcome newbies and the oldies

Even if you go south you're going to find cold, not as cold as probably your town is, but cold enough to make you wear a little sweater, here in miami these days has been pretty cold, this morning was like 32 outside, so it may not sound freezing but for miami, that's cold :P... but I'm happy it was about time to have some refreshing air down here! :P

Today in Houston it is seventy five degrees Fahrenheit and I'm loving it. But it hasn't been like this every day. It's been unseasonably cold here and then the next few days will be like summer. It has been driving my sinuses crazy. I feel for the people having to deal with all the real cold in the northern part of the country. I was raised in Boston and know all about the snow drifts. So the best of weather to ya'll :P

Oddly enough, we have not had any snow accumilations yet this year. And I personally hope we don't have. I can certainly live without it. The weather has been crazy enough without the snow anyway. Today I was sweating my rear off outside in a T shirt building fence. The day before I was freezing to death in my coveralls. I have never seen such extremes of ups and downs like this year. While I appreciate the up days, it just makes the cold days more miserable.

Hey Mich,Don't soak up too much sun down there. leave some for the next year, too...Glad you could get away for a bit. Find an Internet Cafre down there and keep us posted on the weather from time to time. Do you golf at all? Or just hang out on the beach?

In Toronto it's horrible. The only escape from the weather is tostay inside as much as possible. There have been mild winters,but notin the last few years. Last year was apparantly the coldest in35 years. This year doesn't feel any better.

Well, everybody, thanks for the replies.

We enjoyed our stay in Celebration, Florida. Our resort had a mini-golf tournament that I won the 1st week we were there. Parred the course. The scond week tournament I went 1 under par, as did my hubby. We tied for second. The guy that won was 4 under par. The weather was nice most of the time except for rain on one day during our visit. Couldn't ask for much better. Were joined by daughter and son-in-law the second week. We all went to the Mideival Times Dinner Show, 2 car shows at Old Town Kissimmee, wore out our feet up and down International Drive in Orlando and visiting several Flea Markets.

I am back for a few days now. Then off for a couple of weeks to Los Angeles, Oakland, San Francisco, Yosemite, Sacramento, Reno, and back to Chicago.