xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Saint Michael Has A Blog

Well I gave my website a overhaul, more or less, after starting to upload my writings to my website the old fashion way I begin contimplating about how to do it more efficiently. So I bit the bullet, installed wordpress 2.7, uploaded some stuff and came to realize that I should have been doing this long ago. Although I am not a full time blogger, I came to realize that a lot of the stuff I posted on Xisto I could have posted a lot of my stuff in one.

Which of course I have done, thanks to the help of predating blogs I got stuff from 2005 in my blog :P, I don't consider it dishonest since I have already posted it already here on Xisto. So for the next few week, and while in school I be trying to get as much of my good topics uploaded to my blog. So content wise I am set for a very long time, it is a just a matter of getting it all on there. However, the only content I wouldn't be uploading is my sigs, not because there is a lot of them, or the fact I could add a plugin to add a gallery, it would be the lack of content these sigs would have. Although, I am still thinking about the process of moving the blog over to the main page, but want to see how things go before I do that.

However, knowing how SEO and websites work I have to think about it pretty quickly before I get too many visitors :P. In the mean time though, I be going through about a thousand of my topics and see which stuff I will be adding and what I won't be keeping and so I bring you my blog.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

So comment away and any suggestions from master bloggers about what I can do and of course looking for other websites to connect with and stuff.

Well I gave my website a overhaul, more or less, after starting to upload my writings to my website the old fashion way I begin contimplating about how to do it more efficiently. So I bit the bullet, installed wordpress 2.7, uploaded some stuff and came to realize that I should have been doing this long ago. Although I am not a full time blogger, I came to realize that a lot of the stuff I posted on Xisto I could have posted a lot of my stuff in one.
Which of course I have done, thanks to the help of predating blogs I got stuff from 2005 in my blog :P, I don't consider it dishonest since I have already posted it already here on Xisto. So for the next few week, and while in school I be trying to get as much of my good topics uploaded to my blog. So content wise I am set for a very long time, it is a just a matter of getting it all on there. However, the only content I wouldn't be uploading is my sigs, not because there is a lot of them, or the fact I could add a plugin to add a gallery, it would be the lack of content these sigs would have. Although, I am still thinking about the process of moving the blog over to the main page, but want to see how things go before I do that.

However, knowing how SEO and websites work I have to think about it pretty quickly before I get too many visitors :P. In the mean time though, I be going through about a thousand of my topics and see which stuff I will be adding and what I won't be keeping and so I bring you my blog.

So comment away and any suggestions from master bloggers about what I can do and of course looking for other websites to connect with and stuff.

S_M has a blog? Rut row guess this means less spam. hehe Only joking. gonna have to check these out.

I thought I give a little update post for my blog because I gave it a new theme that I like oh so much, and because of the desktop interface I find it more covenant for a lot of things especially the side bar, I hope to work on pages more and do some good stuff with them, of course it don't help to save leave some comments or digg the posts and what not :D.

This is one of the best sites I have seen in the website review forum. Very professional. Nice work. Other than you it seems that most people are not very experienced in WD.

Got to agree that this is one of the more professionally "themed" web site around. At first glance, it looked like one of those newspaper online portal site. Nicely organised and arranged too. Well done.

Nice this is great.I like how the site is all lined up, it is easy to navigate through and the image optimization seems to be good. 8.5/10Just one question.....Is this all your own coding or is it all templates?

Nice this is great.
I like how the site is all lined up, it is easy to navigate through and the image optimization seems to be good. 8.5/10
Just one question.....
Is this all your own coding or is it all templates?

No.
Most of these sites run on the scripts designed from other sources and even maintained by others against a charge. The best part however is that there are too many of these blogs which are being posted by various authors and most of them are just fakes. A lot of them are here to attract users and earn revenue by showing ads. The blogging and the technique of posting the secret or unknown matters in a website is gaining great appreciation among the internet users and is a great addition to a lot of people.
No wonder that a name of the site or asubdomain will come up now and then claiming the official site of a person or activity.

The Wordpress template, no, although I had made alterations to the original template for my liken and what not. Of course I like how the premium version looks but sadly I do not want to sink down the $70 for it, maybe when my kontera check comes then maybe I will get it and no I am not going to get it the other way either so don't bother suggesting it.

Yes the theme is a magazine styled layout and its called arthmia 2 and you can get the free version here and you can look at the demo version of the premium version here.

Luckily for me my site isn't fake or a giant advertisement site so I have nothing to worry about and as for a TLD, I would have like to gone with my name but sadly most versions are taken and so I am stuck with the subdomain name.

Full of spam that is!!!!Honestly, who would possibly want to see the crap that some noob spammer named Saint_Michael has created and come up with? I bet that hit counter is rigged!!Haha, j.p man I think you made a good decision to put together a website to display all of your web designs and graphics designs. Instead of having to browse through your endless number of photobucket accounts, they can all be found on one simple location. Of course you of all people would put that many ad's on your website. They are a bit annoying but so is any website that has allot of ad's.I dont know about anyone else but the right side to me, seems to be a little bit crowded. i dunno if you could find a way to condense some things down so it's not all just out there. But i dunno it's just me. If I'm looking for something i don't spend allot of time reading every line looking for what it is I'm looking for.BUt overall, i like it. it's a good place to view all of your graphics, websites, and you're not so famous writings B) j.k j.k A- I just thought i'd let you know that the link for 'Forcing www in the site url' at the bottom of the page under 'latest posts' isn't working. :P

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

Hi!I think your blog looks nice, but your homepage could use a bit of work. I like the cityscape image that you have in the header, but that makes the reflection effect of the text look dull. I guess that tends to happen when one part of the page shows a bit too much work but the other sections don't - it just builds up expectations.I also like the way you did the blog footer, but I don't like seeing the Blog categories half way in the middle the page. You might be running on a higher resolution so it might appear right at the bottom of the page for you.BTW, you've got way too many RSS feeds further down on the page. You've either got it limit them to about 2-3 or just keep one RSS feed. Get rid of the blog directories, calendar and Stat Press as they don't really add any value to the blog.Regards,Nitin Reddy