xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
abhigyan

Egg Story some facts

Most of the health conscious people know that egg is good for health but it has been a big confusion till this time that which part contains more protein and which part is batter for health .First we will start with egg white. It’s common name is albumin people also call it glair/glaire It is actually cytoplasm of the egg it contains about 14.8% protein dissolved in water its main aim is to provide nutrition for the quick growth of embryo (initial stage of development of chicken) it is nearly 2/3 of total egg weight(excluding outer calcium cover).Most important thing is that more than 90% of total weight is made of water. In average 40 gram of egg white you can found 4.8 grams of protein it also contains some part of sodium and carbohydrate(nearly 20 cal.).Egg contains 40 different types of protien.main protiens are Ovalbumin, Ovotransferrin, Ovomucoid ehere (Ovalbumin, Ovomucoid) blocks digestive enzymes and Ovotransferrin helps in binding iron. It don’t contain any cloistral(good for health).

Disadvantages of egg white: Over consumption of egg white could cause skin daisies mainly dry skin, red spots, fungal infections, Seborrheic dermatitis, brittle hair, Hair loss and some time total baldness. this diesis is called Biotin deficiency. As body requires vary less amount of biotin but *bottom* egg white contains large amount of biotin and regular use of egg white for long time could create excessive amount of biotin in body. But not to vary about it is easily curable by medicines (inexpensive) .

Now few thinks about egg yolks: It is big misconception between people that yolks contain only cholesterol and will cause heart attack but its not true on average yolks a contain 2.7 gram of protein 4.5 g fat but only 1.6 gram is saturated and remaining would be unsaturated. So it’s not a bad idea of taking a small amount of yolks also. One important fact is that food index value of egg white is nearly 88 whether food index value of whole egg is 95 where food index means how digestible the food is. If some one wants to increase weight the egg yolks are good idea but not too much.

Egg white have tendency of Denaturation on deferent temperature so on the different temperature it creates vary different type of chains of amino acids.

Today most of protein supplement contain egg protein and the cast us too much so it is a good idea of taking egg as a protein supplement but not too much because access of any food material could behave as toxic like taking coffee is good but if you take 40 cups of coffee it will cause heart attack as coffee increases bleed pressure even drinking too much water will start killing the tissues of body.

If some one wants to take protein as supplement then changing the type is a good idea like egg then milk then Soya.

Edited by abhigyan (see edit history)

This is a great piece of information when you think about the food value of eggs.I hate eggs for the content which created the slin irritation and fungal attack. There are proof that too much of egg leads to pimples and acne.The egg is a fast to cook alternates at most household and a recepie in most cooked and baked items. Eggs are also used in toppings and coloring of the baked food.Eggs also associates itself with children food table as a food supplement.

All this talk about eggs makes me hungry! :P I wish the medical/scientific reasearchers would get their act together and make up their minds once and for all about the great egg debate. One study says their good for you and the next one says they are just about deadly. They cause this they cure that, you can't live with them and you can't possible live without them. Sheeeesh. Personally, I like them fried, scrambled, boiled, poached, just about any way you can fix them.

All this talk about eggs makes me hungry! :P I wish the medical/scientific reasearchers would get their act together and make up their minds once and for all about the great egg debate. One study says their good for you and the next one says they are just about deadly. They cause this they cure that, you can't live with them and you can't possible live without them. Sheeeesh.
Personally, I like them fried, scrambled, boiled, poached, just about any way you can fix them.

Hehehe ....best way is eat what ever you want to eat because our body best knows what he wants and what it don't want.......so enjoy your fried, scrambled, boiled, poached eggs and be happy enjoy....because life is not so long to think abt what to eat and what dont!!!

Hehehe ....best way is eat what ever you want to eat because our body best knows what he wants and what it don't want.......so enjoy your fried, scrambled, boiled, poached eggs and be happy enjoy....because life is not so long to think abt what to eat and what don?t!!!

I agree on eating whatever. I am not really an egg person, but do love one once in a while. fried, with red and green peppers and some onions. :P