xisto Community
CyberWizard

Youtube Is Going Under? YouTube is going under? What are your opinions?

I used to rarely visit Youtube to begin with, but I highly doubt they are going under. They may be getting rid of the older videos in an effort to reduce costs much like everyone else. Or server loads, etc. I could be completely wrong though, Like I said I don't go there much, but I haven't heard anything about it.

I don't think is going down, maybe they are doing some clean up getting rid of a lot of videos that are not legally there, but I use youtube a lot, and I still find the videos I want to see, I think youtube is going to last for a long time...

I don't think is going down, maybe they are doing some clean up getting rid of a lot of videos that are not legally there, but I use youtube a lot, and I still find the videos I want to see, I think youtube is going to last for a long time...

Well could very well be that Youtube is cleaning up there act. They had been getting a very bad rep before with all the girl on girl butt kicking and stuff. thats most likely the case though. I think if they was going out of down we would have heard something more than romors. but then again with all the Tube rip offs they have you could be right. Youtube, myspace they was the ones that started it all. and you hear less and less of them both now unless it's something bad on the news.

Google spent too much money to let it die a natural death. Sure they have been cleaning up all the copyright issues, and removing items from their listings, but only because they were at risk financially. I see that as a responsible action on their part. Too much pilfering on the web and too many "torrents" and junk. If you want the music, pay the freight.

What do you think? Is it YouTube going under? With all removes of the famous videos and most watched videos youtube is not so popular anymore in my opinion. What are you thinking? Are u still visiting YouTube or?

I am still using youtube dear friend. And satisfied. Obviously I agree with you that some of the files are missing which were previously included in my playlist. But obviously if they are undergoing cleaning process then they absolutely need it as a lot of junk and vulgur vedios are increasing in the site a lot. So they should go for it but cleaning popular vedios means I don't understand why.........

I like youtube!And i am unwilling to see it going under...We should respect copyrights,so youtube has been cleaning up all the copyright issues.It seems make youtube losing their attraction.I think so.Good luck to youtube!

It's not just about copyrights for video hosting sites. But i see most of the scraper videos or filler in the name of original videos on youtube or tubemogul. How can google keep such content on its services? How can google allow videos which are just filler and wastes its own bandwidth and diskspace. Other than it lacks professional approach of video hosting. I find vimeo a much better place as the quality of video is much better, plus the uploaders post much better content than youtube. One thing i noticed in paid and free services is that with paid services, people do less and less scrape content on network. So if youtube moved to paid plan then sure there will be much better content than they currently have and subscribers will also do less harm to site and content.

It's not just about copyrights for video hosting sites. But i see most of the scraper videos or filler in the name of original videos on youtube or tubemogul. How can google keep such content on its services? How can google allow videos which are just filler and wastes its own bandwidth and diskspace. Other than it lacks professional approach of video hosting.

I find vimeo a much better place as the quality of video is much better, plus the uploaders post much better content than youtube. One thing i noticed in paid and free services is that with paid services, people do less and less scrape content on network. So if youtube moved to paid plan then sure there will be much better content than they currently have and subscribers will also do less harm to site and content.

NO! I object! Google should never, ever make something as big as YouTube to have a premium account, because that would mean that they are just another firm which doesn't do what it promises1 and they are just money rippers. :P

Vimeo is good on its own, I tried it and I like it a lot, but I can't say that it's better than YouTube if you want your vid to become popular in terms of weeks even days!

It's a tough world out there, copyrights are breached in every millisecond of our lifes but Google must not avail and not remove those videos. People should just become more aware of the copyrights problem and report every video which they suspect that breaches them. They should even put an award (which is really tough to succeed but possible) if people verdict (with the 'flag' button) which videos are right and which are wrong and the prize would be either bigger video size or removing of all of their videos — so they should be awarded and punished if they play with the report button for fun.2

That way, Google will have more "employees" and higher rate in detecting of the © laws breaching videos :P

1— http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

2— I got the idea from something similar that's happening with Y! Answers

I understand all the copy written things there need and should be removed but, there are some things that have been removed such as some of the weather items such as hurricane and tornado videos that have been removed. a lot of them had been uploaded form such sites with there permission to use, yet they now have been removed. to me that makes no since though. if they had been a copywrite and uploaded with the okay of the maker and the site, why remove them?

No.I can't see youtube going under.They are way too big.They can't store all those videos on there forever,so theyhave to rotate them with newer ones.I like Youtube a lot. You can hear all that rare music andsee old episodes of the twilight zone and such. I would miss it.