xisto Community
ragav.bpl

How To Make The Link Look Like This see the example.....

Hi friends i am here with a new question...

Once i read somewhere that for the perfect SEO....
It should be kept in mind that the search engines love links ending with .html >>>>>>>>>

Now in vBulletin and Invision power board or any other php script the link ends with a .php extension
such as

But here at Xisto.com the links are in HTML format even when it runs on invision power board......
such as

So my question is how to Optimize my forum so that it have the similar link format????

Thanks in advaced for helping out.....This forum rocks

The key is in the Apache module mod_rewrite. This will allow you to rewrite URLs so that when you request a page, a different page is loaded from the server. For example, when requesting 'forums/Link-t63970.html', the server might rewrite it to 'forums/index.php?q=/Link-t63970.html' and the php page will find the relevant thread. You should be able to find an extension for whichever forum you are using which will edit the .htaccess file to insert the relevant rules in and change the hyperlinks to be search engine friendly.

The key is in the Apache module mod_rewrite. This will allow you to rewrite URLs so that when you request a page, a different page is loaded from the server. For example, when requesting 'forums/Link-t63970.html', the server might rewrite it to 'forums/index.php?q=/Link-t63970.html' and the php page will find the relevant thread. You should be able to find an extension for whichever forum you are using which will edit the .htaccess file to insert the relevant rules in and change the hyperlinks to be search engine friendly.

Thanks for your quick response but please as i am new and don't have much knowledge about all you talked above so please can you give me a step by step procedure to do it in IPB and vB...

This SEO link re-write feature is now added to AEF Forum software without the use of mod-rewrite. It is done by the software and works on installations that do not have mod_rewite enabled, which not all Hosts allow.

http://anelectron.com/

The link format you're talking about is known as a "Permalink." You sound like you're trying to modify either an existing forum or one you've made or are making. Either way it would require some source code editing. But these popular forums are most likely to have this feature as a modification. Mod_rewrite isn't something that is easy to understand without some knowledge of regular expressions and .htaccess files. Also, if your server does not have mod_rewrite installed, it would be work in vain.

This SEO link re-write feature is now added to AEF Forum software without the use of mod-rewrite. It is done by the software and works on installations that do not have mod_rewite enabled, which not all Hosts allow.

I wonder if it's in the same format i use for my site.

http://anelectron.com/

good to know of that on the AEF JL, was wondering about that too, when I noticed this post. you beat me to the question again lol