xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
RimsList

How To Get Website Traffic? Website Traffic

I have a website http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and it has been online for about a month now. I am getting a small amount of traffic each day but it does not seem to be increasing. I have tried posting in forums, buying ads, and posting articles, but nothing seems to be working to well, or if it does it lasts a short time. If you have any tips or recomendations it would help a lot.
Appreciate it.
Josh

I am also looking to get more traffic. Echo suggested using link exchanges. I signed up for one, but haven't done anything with it yet, maybe this afternoon. Good luck with your site.

what you want to do is ask yourself: What makes people want to come to MY site instead of the big famous sites out there?If you can't find an answer, make one. You need to have compelling resources, and features that other places don't have to attract people. People don't want to become members of 8 different places that have the same thing, right? Just find that one thing that is custom to your site, and build off of it.

I am also looking to get more traffic.
Echo suggested using link exchanges. I signed up for one, but haven't done anything with it yet, maybe this afternoon.

Good luck with your site.

thank you Zeyo.
Yes a link exchange is one of many ways to bring trafic to your site. Other ways is to have a good SEO , Good Meta tags such as keywords. Also word of mouth and haveing a good rep for what your site is about. that is the main key for making any site work.

There are a thousand products today which claims that they increase your site traffic and a t the same time improve site rating on some search engines.All peice of crap. None of them actually deliver except a few which does what they say halfheartedly. None of them give a solution , they only provide suggestions on where and how improvements can be made without providing exact solution.Some sites even ask you to join their site and promote some sites in return you get some traffic. ROI is 50%

one of the best ways of getting your site noticed is by putting it on search engines so that when people look for stuff related to your site they can find it. you site is a good looking site and its topic, rims, is something a lot of people talk about so if it where to be on google or something it would have more visitors.

I haven't paid a thing (except for hosting and domain, which was basically free thanks to Xisto) and I have been pushing pretty good traffic in my very FIRST month. It is just about what you have, and how devoted you are.I have almost used 1GB of bandwidth in less than a month, which is pretty astonishing. Just remember, you can't do something and expect to have a ton of traffic the next day, you have to wait, and wait, it might take me months, or years, to start getting extremely good traffic.You just have to be devoted and put your time into it.

I agree with etyclo. Your site has decent style and potential.But here's a couple of suggestions:Live Site.You should think of doing reviews of live events, or live exibitions. People like to keep up to date on live stuff, as it is a form of fashion.Now I'm not big on cars but lets say for example the WRC (rally). So do a report on the Irish rally, collecting some great pics and doing your unique writeup on the event.Reason for this is that if people use a search engine to search for Sebastien Loeb they may come accross your page. The more reviews you do over the months the more chance of others clicking through to your page.A game or two!There are many websites out there (google them) that provide free games for your site. Play a few and find an addictive one. I know myself that if I find a good game, I may even email all my colleges the address, while at work, so they can play.In your case, a good racing game would suit.Newsletter.As already menchioned by someone, people hate the bother of registering to web sites. Why? Because they can search for another site in a fraction of the time. So, provide a space that people can submit their email instead. This is much more effective and far quicker for the user. You can then, at the end of the month, send an email to all your enrollies with the content of the event reviews you wrote, stating "click here for the full review", which redirects them to your home page.Newsletters also give you bigger potential for more advertisments. Remember, practice makes perfect though.Use your imagination, and I know your capable, because your site isn't that bad. Its just not finished yet.Keep these few points and Im sure your traffic will rise.Hope this helps... :D

You need to make your site unique to others out there on the internet to make it popular so search engines would crawl your site every day.With low members on a forum you would only get crawled about every month which is bad obviously.