xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zeyomie

What Author/series Would You Recommend?

I'm a big sci-fi fan when it comes to reading, or rather in general. I'm a sci-fi nut. Anyway, my favorite authors are Anne McCaffrey, Robert Jordan, and Lois McMaster Bujold, I've read almost every book in McCaffrey's pern series. I'm reading the Wheel of time series, and the sword of truth series. I have read the first book in Bujold's Vorkosagan series, twice and I would read it again but I'm trying to get the rest of them read. Anyway, I'm always looking for new books, authors and what not to read. So my question is, who are you favorite authors or book series. What would you recommend reading?

always loved the Star trak series myself. The old one was the best though. just wish that they would make 1 more movie to tie in a few more lose ends.

always loved the Star trak series myself. The old one was the best though. just wish that they would make 1 more movie to tie in a few more lose ends.

You mean one more TOS movie? I know they ended a lot of the characters in TNG. Or at least gave them a final direction. McCoy, Spock, Scotty, They even had Sulu in Voyager. However the whatever happened to Checkov, or Uhura etc, is still out there. I'm a trekkie too... Though I admit I've not read the books, there are so many to choose from. I also have TAS on a dvd somewhere but not watched it.

I haven't read too much sci-fi, but I absolutely loved Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game/Ender's Shadow series. And so did one of my friends who actually was a sci-fi/fantasy buff. Each of the two books has its own series, and even though the characters stem from the original Ender's Game book, the overarching plotlines are so different. Each is interesting and keeps you turning the page to see what happens next, plus they make you think about various technological and political things. I definitely recommend checking them out.

I read books at level 5(Intermediate), because I'm not from the US or UK, and I fully understand them. I like the Sherlock Holms books- the famous detective. The books I read are probably re-writen for level 5 learners, but I liked them anyway.I've read the Harry Poter series on my language, and I think they are a pretty interesting thing to read.

Then Enders Game is one I've never heard of, I will certainly look into those. lol I finally finished Wizards first Rule, and I'm on Stone of tears, which is pretty good, I'm about 350 pages into the book and I'm not happy with some of the events, But I hope things will improve soon. I've read Harry Potter up to book 5, I was very upset at book 5 and therefore never finished the series. But Sherlock Holmes is one I never thought to read, it could be interesting, Thank you.

I'm a huge Fantasy/Romance/Adventure fan so i would recommend the Vampire Beach has good romance, fantasy in it i guess. It's about a guy called Jason who goes to Devere Height and finds out that his friends kids there are vampires. Jason falls for one of the vampires called sienna who already had a boyfriend...and yeah it a great book!

Read A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R R Martin. It is a fantastic series with a unique writing style (at least, I haven't encountered it before and similar attempts have been less than satisfactory).You might also enjoy the Dune series by Frank Herbert, especially as it is much more Sci Fi than fantasy.Regards,z.

Well, I'm not a lot into Sci-Fi but I'll still recommend you Alexandre Dumas (father), his books are very interesting and have an historical content.His novels are all fiction but what it's the best part its that he uses real historical issues and facts to make the story very realistic. May not be Sci-Fi but its a very good fiction author.I recommend you "The Count of Monte-Cristo" and "The Black Tulip"

For sci-fi I would recommend The Road by Cormac McCarthy. It's a book about his view of the post-apocolyptic Earth. He usually writes about things that could be possible(in the past) but this one went into the future instead.It's kind of disturbing, to say the least. It kind of makes you question what the world really will be like in 100-150 years.

Give 'Battlefield Earth' a read if you haven't yet. It's a great sci-fi book I read about 10 years ago. I'm sorry I can't help you on the author because I don't remember but that's what you have Google for.