xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
networker

Email Virus

I was wondering. Has anybody ever had they're email account hacked by a virus?I feared that I was, or was going to be hacked.This virus that was on my computer at first wouldn'tlet me get to my email web addresses.I couldn't load the pages.I fortunately changed all the passwords now, but it realllygot me thinking about how scary these viruses can be. I'll never leave a password on my computer again.I've never stored the passwords myself, but I couldn'tbe sure if certain Microsoft software had stored them.I always click "No" when prompted by the computer to remember passwords,but sometimes I wonder.

I've had a virus send e-mails from my computer. Thankfully my antivirus, even though it couldn't find the virus was blocking the e-mails. But for like a hotmail account or something. No I've never had that happen. I don't even allow partner sites into my e-mail. You know like those ones that say they can search for your friends and add them automatically, they require your password to access your address book. Uhuh, no way. Never have, never will. but your right, it does make you wonder. Who really has/can get access to your e-mail? It's a scary thought. We live off of computers. I know no one who doesn't have one, or at the least doesn't use one, even my husbands 80+ grandparents have a computer and e-mail. People can look into our lives and change or take whatever they what. Have you ever seen 'The net' with Sandra Bullock, I totally believe thats possible.

Yes, I have had a Yahoo account hacked and then stolen, this was back when Yahoo allowed you to use Caps for your nickname. called Rares. Someone had been messaging me begging to have that screen name and I would just click ignore or wouldnt reply. next thing I knew I couldnt get to the account. I tried in vain to get with yahoo and to get it back but never was able too :P

I was wondering. Has anybody ever had they're email account hacked by a virus?

I feared that I was, or was going to be hacked.
This virus that was on my computer at first wouldn't
let me get to my email web addresses.

I couldn't load the pages.

I fortunately changed all the passwords now, but it reallly
got me thinking about how scary these viruses can be.
I'll never leave a password on my computer again.

I've never stored the passwords myself, but I couldn't
be sure if certain Microsoft software had stored them.
I always click "No" when prompted by the computer to remember passwords,
but sometimes I wonder.

to clarify something from your post, viruses don't hack your computer they delete your computer, however, viruses can be created to penetrate your computer and so someone could hack into your computer. Of course, 90% of the time viruses do come from your email if you happen to download files from people you don't know or click on links to website that claim you need to fix something which in fact you don't. You shouldn't have to fear your email getting hack as long as you have a long uncrackable password and you don't plaster your email all over the place. Well the only Microsoft software that would store your passwords is the the software that opens the the text files that has your cookies stored in, usually note pad, but a person guessing your login details from cookies takes awhile to figure out though so nothing to really fear there either.

Yes, I have had a Yahoo account hacked and then stolen, this was back when Yahoo allowed you to use Caps for your nickname. called Rares. Someone had been messaging me begging to have that screen name and I would just click ignore or wouldnt reply. next thing I knew I couldnt get to the account. I tried in vain to get with yahoo and to get it back but never was able too :P

Yeah I had my hotmail account hacked and stolen from me back in the day never figured out how it happen or who did it, but I assumed I made someone angry in a chat room. Lost quite a few girls email addresses when that email got hacked and stolen too :P. Of course, out of dumb luck though my current email that I used had a password that was very common and it lasted 12 years before I finally changed it :P and so I must have been very lucky that it never got stolen from me.

It happened to my boyfriend and then happened to me months afterwards, when my boyfriend I have no idea how but got his hotmail account hacked by an angry person and then that person even talked to his contacts and everything, send emails it was horrible.. he lost it anyways. And then when it happen to me, I don't know it was a girl or something, an angry one as well, started talking a lot of lies about me to my contacts sent emails as well, but I did got my account back, at the end she sent the password to my boyfriend, one angry chick... it was really funny, and I have no idea how this person guess my password I never give my password to anyone not even my boyfriend so it was just weird...