xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Parubilla

Circuit City

I was reading the news and found that "Circuit City" is in Bankruptcy, is going to close 567 stores and 30.000 employees are going to be fired, that's quite a surprise, it looks like the situation is not getting any better. I really feel for those families, I hope the situation start improving as soon as possible...

Yes, it's interesting. They just put a new one in in town less then a year ago, and already it's being closed. Truly sad, I got my laptop from them 3 years ago (Yes I still use it, it's old and decrepit but it works) I don't see how they expect to save the economy with so many people losing their jobs. My husband is self employed and it's hit us hard. He builds fences for a living and well, people just can't afford to do that kind of home improvement so he's been out of work for awhile. Were scraping the penny jar it's so bad. When we get a call or an e-mail, and actually gets the job he gets so excited because then we can get diapers. I did however think that Circut city was closing all their stores, is this not the case?

I was reading the news and found that "Circuit City" is in Bankruptcy, is going to close 567 stores and 30.000 employees are going to be fired, that's quite a surprise, it looks like the situation is not getting any better. I really feel for those families, I hope the situation start improving as soon as possible...

heard bits and peices of this tonight. I know most of the C C here in NJ are closed or closing and have been in troubled for the last few years.

I heard about this earlier today. It sucks, but I didn't like Circuit City at all, so I don't care that much. I mostly feel bad for the employees that will need new jobs. That is a lot of people to add to the unemployment list. But when you make dumb decisions like Circuit City did, that's what you get.

There are a lot of companies making stupid decisions, and expecting the government to bail them out. AIG for example, took the Gov bail out money and after giving the exec's bonuses they sent their CEO's on a paid vacation! WTF? It's no wonder the gov basically took over the company. These larger companies that are suffering really should make their exec's take pay cuts rather then firing employees. People with 500k annual salaries and what not. Cut that in half a few dozen times and you got the extra millions you need. People will never learn.

Actually, not all Circuit Cities are closing. As a matter of fact, none are closing in Massachusetts. They are just closing them in certain places where, I believe, they had too many to begin with.

Actually, I believe Circuit City is closing its 400+ "remaining stores" due to its bankruptcy. That's why everyone was out there on Saturday, when CC started its liquidation sales, from 30% off and up.I find it really awesome that this thread had more of a focus on the people of Circuit City (employees and their families) as opposed to the fire sale across the nation. :P

Actually, not all Circuit Cities are closing. As a matter of fact, none are closing in Massachusetts. They are just closing them in certain places where, I believe, they had too many to begin with.

Circuit City is closing every US store, they declared Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and had their liquidation process approved by some court. I think it was 572 stores total, if not that, something close. Canadian operations will continue, though they are seeking a buy for that. Surprisingly, they have over 700 stores in Canada. That is a pretty big chain to be buying. I would if I had the money. Circuit City would be a lot better under new management. They have made terrible decisions that led to this.

its not just circut city that is going bankrupt its also

Boscov's

all for Steve and Barry's

all for value city

movie gallery

home depot stores

all for tweeter

kmarts

sears

goodyear stores

all for sharper image

all for ann taylor

all for compusa

macy's stores

marvins

and many many more.

Edited by Veradesigns (see edit history)