xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

Jan 20th Will You Be Watching Will you be watching

Will you watch Obama on the 20th   

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well it will sone be Jan 20th and Obama will be sworn in as our new prez. Honestly I find it rather fitting that it will be the day after what would have been MLK 80th Bday. Some of you work and some go to school and some of you do not even live in the US but I know this will be carried live all throught the world. Will you be watching? and what are your thoughts as America has it's first African American as our leader? Myself even though I did not vote for him I wish him all the luck in the world, but honestly do not think I will be watching it.

I don't think I'll be watching, well maybe a little bit! :P but I believe he will be a good president, and hopefully he can fix the horrible presidency of Bush! For me it doesn't matter whether is black, yellow, purple whatever, as long as he does good things for the country I'll be happy!

There is a problem with your poll. You can select more than one option at a time and people can actually say that they will watch the sworning ceremony and also say no to it and even be unsure. All three options are choose able. So kindly make a note and change the check box to radio buttons and allow only one choice to be selected. If you are unsure how to change it then ask the moderator how to change the check box into radio buttons. And if there are not enough previlage then ask the moderator to do it for you. If there is something you can add yourself like a script to do this for the site automatically, it will be just fine.But if it is OK then I will say all options are correct for me.

I would like to watch but I doubt I will. I didn't vote. I don't vote. not registered, etc. Either way, I was glad obama won. If I had voted I would have voted for him. The last thing we needed was another president who didn't know what the hell he was doing. And watching the debates I got the feeling from McCain who was like. "I didn't do that, but who did? this one (Speaking of and pointing at obama)" Okay maybe he didn't use those exact word but he wasn't far off. It was so childish. McCain's and Palin's tactics were the worst. They were doing anything to draw you off the issue and dis his opponent. I couldn't stand that. I would have moved out of the country. Anyway, I hope that having an African American president will ease some of the racial tension in the US. Everyone going "We were oppressed we deserve so much more then you." I'm sorry, I'm not racist, but I cannot stand when someone plays the racial card. Equality should mean were equal, not that your better then me because your black or indian or whatever. I've been poor all my life. I couldn't get grants to go to college, No one has ever given me anything. But I don't go around throwing that in peoples faces. Sorry i'm getting off topic. I would like to watch, I might DVR it. But I doubt I will get to watch it live. *NOD*

I agree with Zeyomie. There's a saying that went around during the days leading up to the election, that there are two primary camps -- those who love Obama and those who hate him. Judging from my own experiences with other people, I can say that's pretty true -- it even seemed true based on how immature McCain and Palin handled their position leading up to the election.I also hope it does lead to some racial relief, because I had to deal with the same situation as Zeyomie. I originally lived in the south, around Louisiana (In America for those who are foreign), and the issues there are largely identical. With an African American president, things should improve and a sense of balance should be gained I think.As for watching TV on Jan 20th, I don't think I'll really tune in on that either.

Well it will son be Jan 20th and Obama will be swarn in as our new prez. Honestly I find it rather fitting that it will be the day after what would have been MLK 80th Bday. Some of you work and some go to school and some of you do not even live in the US but I know this will be carried live all throught the world. Will you be watching? and what are your thoughts as America has it's first African American as our leader?
Myself even though I did not vote for him I wish him all the luck in the world, but honestly do not think I will be watching it.

I will be trying to watch the live telecast. Obvious the time factor matters a lot as our time zone differs from yours with about 10 hours but even though try to watch. As it is the first time when Americans voted for better person and not on the basis of caste and creed. That will be a history in Americans life. And not only Americans are but many other countries who are having good relationships with America is appreciating this decision of American people. I think you are eagerly waiting for this day isn't it. 

There is a problem with your poll. You can select more than one option at a time and people can actually say that they will watch the sworning ceremony and also say no to it and even be unsure. All three options are choose able. So kindly make a note and change the check box to radio buttons and allow only one choice to be selected. If you are unsure how to change it then ask the moderator how to change the check box into radio buttons. And if there are not enough previlage then ask the moderator to do it for you. If there is something you can add yourself like a script to do this for the site automatically, it will be just fine.
But if it is OK then I will say all options are correct for me.

its right. from the way I read what your saying you would just have to click unsure. thats as good as a maybe any day

fixed the Poll
Well, having been raised on the US border, but on the Canadian side, and being old enough to recall some of the events of the early 60's and all, I am very pleased that Obama got the nod for president.

Firstly, because he is a Democrat, and they are more typically inclined towards the people's side of a decision, which will be a good thing in light of the current Economic situation and the struggle towards a reversal of the trends.

Secondly, of course, the Race issue is now resolved. (sort of) African Americans can now put away the Race Card. Glad that got resolved.

Will I be watching? If I am not working, I certainly will be watching. Just like I watched the day JFK got shot. As soon as word of the assassination got to the school, classes were dismissed and we were sent home with instructions to watch TV. That was sure a different day...

History in the making, and I won't miss it if I can help it.

Well I am from Australia and I will be waking up at 3 AM to watch it and I will make sure that one of my local TV stations are going to be displaying the show.

I probably won't be watching it, as I'm not sure what time it will be happening at but I have school and will be away from 6 am until 4-5 pm. Aside from that I would most likely watch.If I'm not home on time I might watch it online, but mostly not. Just isn't a huge deal to me.

Yes I'll be watching. Not only because it will be an historic occasion having the first African American as president but also because my country has very close ties with the USA and I'll be very interested to hear what Obama will have to say in his speech.I want to know what his plans are for the American economy, the wars being waged in the middle east and want more information on what he intends to do about Bin Laden (he's already made a strong but very general statement that he will take action).After the inauguration, Obama will be under a lot of pressure to perform miracles and correct mistakes Bush made and it will be interesting to see how and if he can do that over the four years of his presidency.