xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
thasoldier

Ice Text Effect Make a cool ice text in photoshop

Ice text effect

1.Make a new document in photoshop(costom size)

2.Choose Filter > Render > Clouds (make sure that the first, and the second colors are Black and White)

Posted Image

3.Choose Text Tool, and write whatever you want with big font, and white font color.

4.Duplicate the text layer, but after that, hide the duplicate.(you will need it later)

The document must look like this

Posted Image

5.Write click on the layer, and then click rasterize layer.

6.New add wind effect.

7.Now make the layer slayed with the background CTRL + E (without +)

8.New choose Filter > Stylize > Wind.

9.Choose Image > Rotate Canvas > 90 Degrees CW.

10.Ctrl+F to do the effect again.

10.Rotate the canvas how much time you want.

11.Choose "from the right" from the filter options

Your document should look like this

Posted Image

12.Choose Image > Adjustments > Brightness Contrast.

Your document should look like this

Posted Image

Now let's add a color

13.Make a new layer and change Blending mode to color

14.Change the color to whiteblue, and the background to darkblue

15.Choose Gradient tool and choose Radial Gradient.

Posted Image

You need to use the duplicated layer

16.Hold CTRL and press on the layer with the text to make selection of the text,

after that make a layer, make it on the top od all layers.

17.Add ?Filter > Pixelate > Mosaic to that layer.

Ypur picture should look like this

Posted Image

18.Choose Filter > Sharpen > Sharpen.

19.Add the filter however times you want pressing Ctrl+F

The filnal result is:

Posted Image

Thats all..I hope you like it.

Notice from jlhaslip:

Simple but really effective. I'm really amazed about the effect which can be made so simply. Congratulations, I really like it !

Nice effect, I hope that you join the Graphics end on the site, we really need more people, and enter the contest in my signature. I usually use the Mosiac Effect to create an effect to help show off the render in the signature. I naturally don't like using effects and c4ds. What font did you use in that tutorial. It flows pretty well with the effect. I would get rid of the cloud render in the back because it makes it seem well faked. It seems a lot like fake icebergs in the background. The text itself looks pretty amazing, and would go great with a blue themed site as a header.

Nice, but I'd use a grunge map instead of render clouds. I hate render clouds. They always look the same.

haha I kinda agree on the clouds.nice effect...I did something similar once but it wasn't so nice. I like the blooming effect. I bet if you applied another effect afterwards you could get something smoother.

Simple and nice tutorial on how to achieve this kind of effect. I would leave the third picture from bottom, because the last two weren't so special, even though it depends what you want to do, but I would rather do something different with the last two bottom pictures/images to achieve something icy :D

Simple and nice tutorial on how to achieve this kind of effect. I would leave the third picture from bottom, because the last two weren't so special, even though it depends what you want to do, but I would rather do something different with the last two bottom pictures/images to achieve something icy :D

Yeah, the pixelation is a bit too much. K.I.S.S.

i just tried it, it works, thank you so much for the tutorial! ^.^ :)

Well, it would have been more unique if HE/SHE actually gave out that tutorial then copying it. Trap has a strict code about copying material just for the MyCENTs. I suggest the message from haslip teaches you something on this forum. Obviously you never read the rules.

I suggest the message from haslip teaches you something on this forum. Obviously you never read the rules.

Sky, he posted that over 6 moths ago and he has less than 15 posts... Do you honestly believe that he will ever get around to reading your reply?

Nice tutorial and effect to be using on this piece of work I am working on at the moment.I am sure I could also use this effect with a few more colours and bold font I think It will look great!