xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
websey

What If Sega Released A New Console Would You Buy It Would you buy a new Sega Console ????

Hi Guys,

There has been a bit of hype in the media of late about Sega bringing out a new console :P w00t I was thinking at last a new Dreamcast or Saturn back to games like panzeer dragoon and the original Segar Rally or Daytona USA.....

But alas no sega have released a statement denying anything to do with the rise of the long dead machien :P and as such we have to stick with the 360, PS3 and Wii....

But what i want to know is if sega did bring out a new games console what do you think it would be like and would you buy it ???

is Sega as close to your heart as it is mine do you have fond memories of playing alex kidd at 1am hoping your parents wont here you, or are you in deifferent thinking it would just be another console to choose from....

Are there any innovations you think sega could bring to the console market .... Dont forget the VMU from the dreamcast and console inside a console as such, or the fact that the Mega CD was the first console to use cd's

Well any way I am just rambling now so tell me what you thik

websey

Hi Guys,

There has been a bit of hype in the media of late about Sega bringing out a new console :P w00t I was thinking at last a new Dreamcast or Saturn back to games like panzeer dragoon and the original Segar Rally or Daytona USA.....

But alas no sega have released a statement denying anything to do with the rise of the long dead machien :P and as such we have to stick with the 360, PS3 and Wii....

But what i want to know is if sega did bring out a new games console what do you think it would be like and would you buy it ???

is Sega as close to your heart as it is mine do you have fond memories of playing alex kidd at 1am hoping your parents wont here you, or are you in deifferent thinking it would just be another console to choose from....

Are there any innovations you think sega could bring to the console market .... Dont forget the VMU from the dreamcast and console inside a console as such, or the fact that the Mega CD was the first console to use cd's

Well any way I am just rambling now so tell me what you thik

websey

Even I was interested in buying one gaming console for myself and was after reading it I think why not give it a chance. As Sega is having one of the top place in this place in this field. So thanks for the information. 

Well Dreamcast was a really cool console, too bad the lack of protection on their CD's ruined it and it was discontinued. Depends though, I think consoles fail when compared to actual computers. Since all a console does is play games and go on the internet, I don't see much use for them. If it had HD capabilities and did not give me a red ring of death when I tried to turn it on, then I'd most likely buy one.Plus the games would pwn :P

I had lunch at Fudruckers today with a friend and my nine year old son. We sat right by the arcade games (big mistake with a nine year old). Well my buddy happened to mention that the games reminded him of the old Sega genisses. And I had to have a good laugh and some good memories. Boy were those games ever fun. So my answer is yes I think I'd be interested in something new by Sega. We got the boys a wii for christmas and I like their fresh approach to gaming. I think Sega could do just as well if not better.

Not to sure about the CD protection but why the dreamcast failed was simple it was out dated technology by the time Xbox came out and Playstation 2 was well on its way to dominate the console market. On top of that Sega has been losing its edge in producing games since then with only Sonic the Hedgehog keeping them alive really as I haven't seen anything new from them in years, but I would say that in a few years though that they will either be bought out or collapse. Due to the fact that they popularity they once had is pretty much gone and on top of that producing a next generation console is very risky and dangerous business, just look at Sony and their Playstation 3, they are still in the red and only now are more and more games getting produce for that system. On top of that Wii is dominating the market so not only would that new console of theirs needs to match the Wii but it needs to match the power of PS3 and Xbox 360 combine in order to have any change, which it don't.

SEGA cannot compete anymore because of simple reasons. They do not have a market anymore. SEGA was a company that targeted kids around the age of those who slightly older than the ones who play the Wii and slightly younger than the average XBOX Community. That market has since disappeared because of the release of the PS2. Kids who played the PS2 could play games that the older generations enjoyed and the younger kids could play games of their level. Now that the market has been already divided, now into two sections instead of three, SEGA has been left out. PS3 and Xbox 360 have now become bitter enemies, while Wii under Nintendo has moved into SEGA's spot and increased their market share, for the younger kids and preteens, yet now as the Mature shooter games have become usable for the younger kids, SEGA has no games to market, as Sonic is rather nostalgic game than a best seller.

Sega was innovative at one point. I think they may be able to do it again. I would love to see a new system and would definitly buy it. I have just about every other system made so would have no problem buying another one. If they can get that one little niche needed they can do it

Sega NEEDS to get back into the console market! I have been a fan since the Genesis and I would buy a new Sega console in a heartbeat the Dreamcast is my FAVORITE console of all time!

-reply by BIG **** CHENEY

Oh my that would be a dream come true. I'm a die hard sega fan! I have heard rumors about them planning on it but who knows? I couldn't find much on google about it. Hopefully the newer sonic games would improve o.o And panzer dragoon saga ftw :)

It would depend on the console. Personally, I just don't think Sega has the funds to produce their own console anymore. Since the Playstation, they haven't been a huge competitor, and they were never the leading game company. The Genesis was their only console that was really great, they tend to be one step behind the competition. The Dreamcast Sega's answer to the N64 and Playstation, was released when Nintendo and Sony were already working on the Gamecube and the Playstation 2. Sadly, the Dreamcast didn't sell real well, and there weren't a lot of games for it. I think that was Sega's last desperate attempt to stay a console competitor, and it failed. That's not to say there was anything wrong with the Dreamcast, just that it was too little and too late. I seriously doubt Sega will ever come back, and if they do, I doubt whatever they create will be able to compete. Sorry, that's just my take on it.

I think Sega's out for good. They're concentrating more on the games now rather than on consoles and frankly, that's a good thing. They're better at making games and they should stick to it. Okay, so even if they do come out with such a console, unless the games are really good no one would get them - I mean, most of today's games are available for all consoles, and the games which are attached to a particular console (Halo, for example) have to be really good in order to maintain their popularity. In the case of a Sega console, I don't see that happening any soon :)

Although Sega's demise in the console arena seemed at the time a bad thing. I personally was very pleased when i saw their games such as the Sonic series, continued on other consoles. They had plenty of opportunity to "learn" since the period of the Super Nintendo and Megadrive. In that period their level competition exhibited was most fierce, but quickly after they seemed to flounder. I don't think they adapted well to their newest competitor Sony at the time. Like many have said here, they should stick to what they are good at which is making original games. I wouldn't purchase a Sega console if it came out, unless it was proven to be "really" good.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

though that sega's console may be steps behind other competitor, their games and consoles were always fun. for me it's not the technology that matters, it's the game and the fun we can get. i hope they can make something really creative to match that so-called "wii" :)

though that sega's console may be steps behind other competitor, their games and consoles were always fun. for me it's not the technology that matters, it's the game and the fun we can get. i hope they can make something really creative to match that so-called "wii" wink.gif

I get your point - in the end it's all about the games. I've always wanted to play games like Prince of Persia (sands of time trilogy) and Tekken 5 and a whole lot of other games that are available for the PS2, and now I'm in a constant fix whether to buy a PS2 or PS3 because the PS3 is no longer supporting PS2 games. But my love for those games will make me buy the PS2 as well as the PS3, if not now in the future, simply because those particular games are fun!