xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

The Big Chill How is everyone dealing

Well Mid america is in the deep freeze. Temps are near Zero with wind chills anywhere from -10 to 40 below Zero Farenhite. It's not just the US that is having a cold snap too. Places in the UK and Asia too have had this too of late. Such as Leyte in the Philippines. Had a E mail the other day telling me a high of 18C about 65F in Ormoc which is on the sothern most part of Leyte. As for dealing with the cold.myself I am staying indoors, only going outside when needed for as short of a time as I can. layer apon layer of clothes then also.

Very cold here too in southern Ontario. Right now at lunch time it's about -17C (1F) with the wind chill making it feel like about -27C (-10F) and it's not going to break until Friday. The overnight temp forecast for tomorrow is -20C (-4F) and it'll feel like -30C (-22F).

Now that's really cold!

The city of Toronto has put out a cold weather alert and efforts are increased to make sure the homeless get indoors to shelters. Commuter trains are delayed because of frozen switches. A full story can be read here

Same as you echo, I'm only going out unless I have to. I had to take my car in for service this morning and it actually groaned when I asked it to start. Almost like it was saying "you want me to what??". We're just not used to temperatures this low here. I can't even imagine how people living further north are coping.

Very cold here too in southern Ontario. Right now at lunch time it's about -17C (1F) with the wind chill making it feel like about -27C (-10F) and it's not going to break until Friday. The overnight temp forecast for tomorrow is -20C (-4F) and it'll feel like -30C (-22F).
Now that's really cold!

The city of Toronto has put out a cold weather alert and efforts are increased to make sure the homeless get indoors to shelters. Commuter trains are delayed because of frozen switches. A full story can be read here

Same as you echo, I'm only going out unless I have to. I had to take my car in for service this morning and it actually groaned when I asked it to start. Almost like it was saying "you want me to what??". We're just not used to temperatures this low here. I can't even imagine how people living further north are coping.

Well Moogie I'll tell ya. from what I have read and been hearing throughout the net. It is not only the US and Canada that is having this cold but Russia and Euro too. I even have talked to my mother inlaw to be who lives in the philippines. she told me it was strangely cool there this week. Told me that they had a high of just 65F there in southern Leyte. Oh well so much for globle warming. Can we say Globle Ice age? :P

This deep freeze makes you wonder where global warming went....Have we corrected it too well? haha. To cope with the temps I am just staying inside and wearing lots of clothing. It hasn't been warmer than 5 F here, and well below zero with windchill. It is terrible. I just want to move south.

Well south is getting a little bit cool as well, here in Miami is in the middle 50's, not as cold as the rest of the country, but for Miami is cold, haha but I love it! Refreshing breeze! Ohhh I wish this last all year long! XD

Well south is getting a little bit cool as well, here in Miami is in the middle 50's, not as cold as the rest of the country, but for Miami is cold, haha but I love it! Refreshing breeze! Ohhh I wish this last all year long! XD

unreal that cold that far south. Makes me think though. if the US is this cold now, I wonder if we will have a cool summer. Time will tell I guess, but with these artic clippers coming down like this. yes there is one more on the way for the weekend, not near as bad as the last 2 thank goodness. I have to think that maybe this summer will be cooler than normal.

It reminds me of that movie the day after tomorrow, where they theorized that global warming actually triggered an ice age. Now I don't know how much of that was true science, and how much was just made up for the movie, but it really makes you wonder as things seem to be getting colder and colder. But as you said only time will tell.