xisto Community
jlhaslip

Interested In Php / Mysql Software Development? AEF Forum software needs your experience

Anelectron Forum (AEF) is looking for some people to assist with their Development efforts.

AEF is a Forum Software that is relatively new and poised to become a 'player' in the Forum Software market.
In just 2 years, or so, the software has grown beyond the limits of the current staff of developers. Plainly stated, the Team needs more people to keep up with the Mods and Themes being requested by its Member base.
Already the membership is over 3000 strong and growing rapidly.

So, put your PHP / MYSQL / HTML / CSS / Javascript / Ajax skills to use by becoming a member of the Development Team at AEF.

Download the software and have a look: http://www.anelectron.com/
Visit the Forum : http://www.anelectron.com/board/index.php

Or contact me by PM.

hey I'm interested. :P Can you provide me more information. What do I need to do? How much time do I need to spend? I think, time will be my biggest problem :P Please provide me more information.

The efforts on your part will take as little or as much time as you are prepared to offer and allow yourself.There is a list of around 50 tasks that are "on the list" of things to do. About 50% of them'shold' be completed by Feb 15th and the balance some time near the end of March. Some of them are fairly involved and will take 20 or 30 hours, others are about 2 or 3 hours only.Point is: as much time as you want this project to take, items could be delegated to you as your time permits.Still interested?*edit*I guess you could start by downloading a copy of the AEF 1.08 package and have a look at the code to check out the style of how things are done.

I was thinking about helping out, but wasn't sure what i'd be able to do to help out. But if there's a public to-do list, that'd make deciding easier.

Some of them are fairly involved and will take 20 or 30 hours, others are about 2 or 3 hours only.
I guess you could start by downloading a copy of the AEF 1.08 package and have a look at the code to check out the style of how things are done.

Kompare could come in handy, just in case a newer version comes out when one was commiting changes.

There is a list of around 50 tasks that are "on the list" of things to do. About 50% of them'shold' be completed by Feb 15th and the balance some time near the end of March. Some of them are fairly involved and will take 20 or 30 hours, others are about 2 or 3 hours only.
Point is: as much time as you want this project to take, items could be delegated to you as your time permits.

Still interested?

Why not? I'm still interested to be a part of the developing team. I agree with truefusion about this issue. We can easily decide where to offer our help, if there is a public to do list and available project tasks. I still can't decide where do I need to start. As you are a universal moderator there, can you provide us more details about this? :P

Would either of you like to get involved in a Statistics Module ?Long story, but a Dev Coder just dropped off some files and needs to take a break to resolve a personal issue. Kind of leaves the Module available to work on.Let me know, please. I'll hook you up with the file set he was working on.

Would either of you like to get involved in a Statistics Module ?

I won't guarantee anything, but it seems simple enough. Though, i might go a bit further with the script. Hopefully there are developer notes in the source code. I'ma assume the statistics is only for the index page.

Here is a link to the Attached files to check out.
I had a quick look and it appears to me that the Statistics will be its own page because the theme file calls the Header and Footer functions.
What is missing is the integration to the Index page, but that is relatively easy to do.

Take a look and let me know if you are keen on this task.

http://www.anelectron.com/board/index.php?ch&atid=436

You may need to register and log-in before you can download the files.

I will see if I can implement it in my forum and finish it up. But I am not the best with coding in PHP, only a little editing and stuff. I have a friend who might be able to help, he is pretty smart and does all my PHP coding for a great price.

Very nice! Is AEF your site haslip? Looks nice, I am downloading that thing now and going to test it. :P
-Sky.

Ummm... no, that is not my site.
I am merely a Moderator over there and do some work with the code and CSS stuff. Nothing spectacular.
Actually, how I got involved is the site owner and the principal coder is a former Xisto member.
The site is hosted on Xisto - Web Hosting servers.

Opaque is such a wonderful guy... :P

Actually, how I got involved is the site owner and the principal coder is a former Xisto member. The site is hosted on Xisto - Web Hosting servers.

I had heard of it being hosted on Xisto - Web Hosting servers, but i didn't know the owner was a former Xisto member. Interesting fact.

i'd like to help i can code but rather i'd not do very complicated things. i also could theme, all i need to do is study the template style and i'll be ready to go.

i'd like to help i can code but rather i'd not do very complicated things. i also could theme, all i need to do is study the template style and i'll be ready to go.

Okay, download and install a copy of the AEF 1.08 and have a look at the Themes available at the AEF Board.