xisto Community
tatati

Obsession For Cleaning this rant goes at my sister

my sister is a ... annoying.growing up she always been in charge of the house. i had a conversation with my mom a couple days ago, but my mom denies passing all the responsibilities of the upkeep of the house to her.but my grandma keeps a picture in her wallet of my sister watering plants at 4 years old.to sum up, i believe its in her character to maintain things. this is a wonderful quality for a woman, given the proper resources. well she is also a big spender with useless stuff (i think theyre useless, for example, her dog has more clothes than i do)when i rant about her to other people, they say that clean freaks don?t have dogs. in fact they don?t. but my sister has a ****ing dog that pisses in my bed and chew all my shoes. yes i am mad.but this is not why i opened this topic.i wish from the bottom of my heart, that she would stop nagging me about dirty floors.or at least she would clean them without irradiating this angry energy.i dont need clean floors, to me the floors are fine. i will not clean them, so if she needs clean floors, i think she should clean them with much joy.we live by the shore. the sea breeze leaves the floors all sticky, EVERYDAY.just now, she said she had cleaned the floor twice already, and there was dog hair all over, and it was disrespectful for a person?s job.nobody here had dirt on the floor intentionally, it was the sea moisture and HER DOG?s hair on it that made it that dirty.you might ask, -tatati, sweeping the floors is a house chore and you should help your sister.I DO HELP! i do the dishes, when i cook i leave nothing out of its place, i do laundry, i feed the dogs and pick up their poo. if i drop something on the floor i pick it up and clean the dirty spot it fell on. you want to know why i dont sweep and mop all the rooms?because we have cleaners that come twice a week and are payed to do everything else. they get paid for it.i just won?t do something that will be undone an hour later.im not a buddhist monk, and sweeping floors is not drawing a mandala with sand.can?t she stand 3 days without waving a broom around the floor? it wont clean anything, even with closed windows the sea has a way of enetring the house and making the floors all sticky.this is making my home life very unpleasant, i can?t stand the sound of her voice because she yells all the time when she sees somehing that?s not of her liking. her presence is overpowering even when she is not speaking she will have that overbburdened look on her face, and she is always angry at me.i wish she would give up cleaning the floors.i dont know if she does it in her room this often or at all, my room is always sticky because i don?t clean (it is already cleaned twice a week for people who are payed to do it) maybe she likes to victimize herself? i do not care about the floors. i do not like being nagged at home.her dogs can?t understand what she?s screaming about.i wish i lived in a peaceful house.i cannot support myself at the moment, i knew it was a bad idea to come live with her, this is the main reason. this is a nice house, and it is located at a beautiful beach, i shouldnt leave because of her. please god make her realize that nature always wins and the floors will always be sticky. amen.

oh how I feel for you. When I was growing up. ( I was the youngest of 3 ) both my sister and brother was the same way. If when I spilled something or when my turn came to do the dishes, and I did not wash them the way THEY thought I should. they both would go nuts. I will admit it here. I hated this. Times it made me feel as I was doing everything wrong just trying to make them happy. But then I learned. If you want to be happy you have to do what you want when you want. But Obsession For Cleaning? or a clean freak as I out it can be a problem for both you and her and the rest of the family as well. and if it is her dog that is making the problems. It is her mess not yours.

My (ex) wife used to keep the floors so clean you could eat off of them. To this day, I have never seen anyone who prefers to eat off a floor, so, needless to say, I don't keep the floors that clean. Mind you, I don't have a daily barrage of debris coming in off the ocean, either. Nor do I have a dog that drops hair all over the place. Once a day I'll sweep the kitchen floor (usually), and once a week I'll wipe it down with a mop (usually), and once a month (usually) I scrub the floor well. I discovered a long time ago that if you don't make a mess, it doesn't need to be cleaned.besides, there is no award from the Health Department to win. Good luck with the sister. Sounds like you have your hands full. Best to just take the abuse without getting all stressed about it. Sounds like this is a temporary situation for you, so put your energy into handling stuff so that the next moving day happens quicker. Best of luck with that.

It sounds like you're sister is obsessive allright.Mydeepest sympathies.It's hard dealing with theseclean people freaks.The ones who can't sit still for picking up imaginary pieces of linton the floor.People who walk around wearing medical breathing masks,only because they are overly paranoid.I say get a life.

Edited by networker (see edit history)

Dear friend I think you are not the only one who faced this. I think about all of us some time or the other or in some other similar conditions face the same problems. But any ways after all they are your brothers and sisters and according to me they should be your best friend.?

Well in my case I'm the big sister, and yes I will bother my little brother until he does the things the way things should be done, just because you are lazy and like to do things half way it doesn't mean everyone has to live under the same conditions, I will bother in the common areas, well if it's my brother's room or something that's his problem... Your things and how you keep them reflect part of yourself, and c'mon it's really nasty to come into a house that it's dirty, the day he has his own house I will not say a thing about whether is clean or not...I do have to say sometimes is annoying but somebody have to take that roll, I always tell my boyfriend too to keep his room clean, do his bed, and if I enter his room and it's messy, for me it's really annoying to the point I will fix it myself (After that he feel bad and start organizing the room as well :P) hahahaha, just a different kind of view...