xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
networker

Mcdonalds

Many people talk with loathing about this place,and yet it succeeds with incredible success,Why,is beyond me.Every year the big macs just seemed to get smaller,the french fries are skinny beyond belief,and yet people flock to it.It may be cheap,but so are all the others.I'd go to burger King,Harveys,A+W anyday over Mcdonalds. Macdonalds is the first of it's kind and the worst.

I have to agree with you. I would much rather pay more for better food. That is one of my philosophies in life; you get what you pay for. I always end up paying more for something, but I usually end up having what I paid for be substantially better than an alternative.

yes so many do trash mac d's. but if they only knew. After they do there breakfest, the rest of the day is pure profite. Myself I rarely eat there anymore. but I will say this for them. Best Fry's in the world.

The fries at ChickFilA are much better.I eat at McDonalds sometimes, mostly because a hamburger there is cheaper than making your own even, not to mention you don't have to cook it yourself, clean up when you're done, or go get ketchup and whatever else you put on it.I used to eat there a lot more than I do now, but now I usually just do other home-made foods instead.

Well it's still succeeds because people are lazy or just don't have enough time to cook a healthy meal. Also because they are cheap so it beats going to a restaurant, also people in nature are kind of stupid because they believe that what does not kill you makes you stronger. :P You know that if you eat at McDonald for 30 years you might get sick and fat but eh you are just at the 3 year mark it's a long time before you hit 30 years of McDonald. It the same with smokers.

Well it's still succeeds because people are lazy or just don't have enough time to cook a healthy meal. Also because they are cheap so it beats going to a restaurant, also people in nature are kind of stupid because they believe that what does not kill you makes you stronger. :P You know that if you eat at McDonald for 30 years you might get sick and fat but eh you are just at the 3 year mark it's a long time before you hit 30 years of McDonald. It the same with smokers.

My issue is that they come around saying "Eating at McDonalds will make you fat!" and all, but honestly it has nothing to do with what you eat. It has to do with how active you are.

We are pushed and pushed to this "calories" thing, being told that we need to keep below a certain amount to stay healthy.

If any of you have been in the Army, and eaten MRE's, you would notice that most of them are 3500 calories. That's *one* meal. But yet it doesn't make you fat or anything. Why? Because you're very active.

I lost weight there and I was eating hamburgers for lunch and dinner, and unhealthy things for breakfast, *every* day for over 3 months.

So I don't believe that McDonald's makes you fat. People make themselves fat and/or unhealthy.

The fries at ChickFilA are much better.

I think the fries at Pizza Pizza are way better than at Mcdonalds.
I had a two piece chicken dinner there the other day.It was well worth it.
Mcdonalds fries are way too skinny and stringy for me.

Mcdonalds is just cheap and easy and tastes relatively okay, not great, but okay. I don't eat there personally, but for many of my friends its their first choice in a food court or when we go out.I admit I do like their fries... they are tasty (although i would prefer if they weren't AS skinny) but other than that I haven't bought anything there in years.As for the "Mcdonalds makes you fat" argument, yes their food isn't healthy and has higher calories than alot of things out there but I agree with rpgsearcherz, it depends on how active you are. Pretty much you can eat whatever you want as long as you are active. Unfortunately, alot of people who eat Mcdonalds are on the lazy inactive side... so it becomes a vicious cycle of sorts.

Well Mcdoandls will always be on top, reason behind this most people dont want change. Mcdonalds was the fast food restaurant to go to when you needed a quick meal. Mcdoanld is right down the street from were you work your house and its even on campus. I'm not a big fan of the golden archers but when i need a quick chicken wrap and its in walking distance i go to McDonald.Many will rather go else were for better quality food that may take longer time to make but in America we like things done fast, if a website is not loaded in 10 seconds we press the back button and go elsewhere.

Well Mcdoandls will always be on top, reason behind this most people dont want change. Mcdonalds was the fast food restaurant to go to when you needed a quick meal. Mcdoanld is right down the street from were you work your house and its even on campus. I'm not a big fan of the golden archers but when i need a quick chicken wrap and its in walking distance i go to McDonald.
Many will rather go else were for better quality food that may take longer time to make but in America we like things done fast, if a website is not loaded in 10 seconds we press the back button and go elsewhere.

Very, very true.

Mcdonalds has lowered their quality of everything as of lately though. People in this thread bring up the fries but what about their double cheeseburger? The $1 one used to be the REAL double cheeseburger. Now it's a "McDouble" which is maybe 70% of the normal one.

I would much rather have Taco Bell if it were a choice, but usually I just go to McDonalds because, like you said, we don't like to change, :P.

Mcdonalds has lowered their quality of everything as of lately though. People in this thread bring up the fries but what about their double cheeseburger? The $1 one used to be the REAL double cheeseburger. Now it's a "McDouble" which is maybe 70% of the normal one...

Sorry, but that is not entirely accurate. The McDouble is Exactly the same as the double cheeseburger with the exception that it uses one slice of cheese rather than two.

There are several reasons that McDonald's continues to succeed. One of the main reasons is consistency. Wherever you go in the U.S. and most of the world McDonalds' food taste the same. As a corporation they go to great lengths to make sure this is true. Though menus may vary from location to location the basics remain the same and taste the same.

Another reason is name recognition. They have built themselves up to the point where the term "fast food" means Mcdonald's and vice versa. Surely there are other places but ask most anyone to name a fast food place and McDonalds will likely be the first thing they think of. Ask a child where they want to eat and the first answer is very likely to be McDonald's. (It seems to be one of the first words kids learn these days) That familairity and name recognition go a long way to promoting continued business.

Finally they know how to remain profitable. Take, for example, the double discussed earlier. Any fast food location operates on rather slim profit margins. It has been a very long time since did a profit and loss statement for a franchise but I know a location makes less than 5 cents frofit on a double. (probally around 2.5 to 3.5 cents) For anything sold therer is, of course, the cost to make the product. After that for every item sold a pre-set amount of the cost goes to McDonalds corparate the remainder goes to the franchise. Out of that <5 cent profit utilities and payroll have to paid as well. With costs on some things rising removing a single slice of cheese saves between 7 and 10 cents. (Yes, that sounds small and dumb ,but, multiply that amount by the 500 or so they sell a day.) Thus they are able to keep the price point the same while offering the same (essentially) sanwich and maintain a bit of profitability.

Well I don't hate McDonalds but I don't love it either, I go there if I'm in a hurry and don't want to spend a lot of money in food (so it usually wins) hahaha, the burgers are nothing to crave about, the fries well I do like the fries with mayonnaise (which they don't have outside the counter anymore you have to ask for it and thy will give you one little package, if the person is generous maybe two), but anyways at least here in the US it's really really cheap. Now, I'm from Colombia, and McDonald's there is a totally different story, the burgers are really overpriced and smaller than the ones here in the states, the fries have a good price as well as the deserts, and that's my favorite thing about McDonald's, I'm a huge fan of the McFlurry that ice cream is the best, and here in the US they only put the ice cream with the oreo or the m&m, but in Colombia they put chocolate sauce in the oreo one and caramel in the m&m, and that taste delicious, and that variation should be done in the whole world, because is the best cheap ice cream you can get, I would stop on a McDonalds just to buy the ice cream hahaha. In the US you eat in McDonalds because you want to save some money in food, in Colombia it's expensive so the restaurants are really fancy, and you will only see wealthy families with kids asking for the kids meal with the toy and sad parents because they have to eat those small hamburgers haha... So it's a huge contrast... People without kids just don't go to McDonalds's we have a fast food chain in Colombia that is the mother of all excellent, big and not that affordable hamburgers (but they are huge at least) called EL CORRAL hahaha those are the best hamburgers and fries I have ever taste! My personal favorite! :P

They have sugar in their hamburgers and even in their salads. That is enough information for me. No thank you. There are some times that I eat a McFlurry or something like that - but there has been ages since I ate a hamburger, fries og Chicken McNuggets. McDonalds is quite cheap, but there are other places here where I can buy food that tastes better. A lot more expensive, but I will rather pay a lot money for something that is awesome than pay a small amount of money for... McDonald's food.

McDonald's food is kinda unhealthy, but look at fast food in general. We all eat it sometimes.I'd have to tell you though, their management and customer service is way high up. Their restauraunts are mostly clean, at least the corporate offices are.Burgers: I kinda like their burgers.Fries: Hmm.... I'd say 3rd place. Burger King is tied with Chick Fil A, and Stake 'n Shake is the best on my scoreboard.

Well, I sometimes go to McD just because my kids ask me to - and I guess many others do the same. It's all about advertising and tricking kids to come just to get a nice -unique- toy. In marketing, that's a "promotion". And we have to go to McD after hours of hearing them beg :P and in the end we have to get some micro-hamburgers and over-salty fries. I prefer Burger King too! But, that's their modus-operandi many times- attracting weaker preys XD . Curious fact: In Mexico you have ketchup and also hot chili sauce for your hamburger - talk about a tropicalized franchise! ??