xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
puneye

Internet Speed For Youtube And Other Video.

I want to Look films, songs, TV channels online.I have a Broadband speed of 128Kbps.But not able to see these things.Anybody can help me to how much broadband speed can i look for my purpose?

Edited by puneye (see edit history)

Typically on something like youtube on a 256k line you'll have to pause the video and let it buffer for a couple of minutes to watch it uninterrupted, you should be able to stream a video without waiting on 512kbps or higher no problems

Yes 512k or maybe 1m like he said but u can't always look at streaming stuff without the pause, cause usually the site does not have enough speed. It depends on their load but there are some that never give you enough for a clean stream of a big video. I have a 10m line and on a lot of sites i have to pause, usually sites that have episodes, movies and stuff like that not youtube.

Sorry if you accidentally wrote it, but it is impossible to have a "broadband" speed of 32kbps, dialup is faster than that... As for YouTube you should get a 512kbps connection, it will usually stream youtube ok unless you are doing something else at the same time.

yeah.....512 kbps is enough for watching videos without buffering on youtube....i have a speed of 600kbps unlimited... and i use it to watch live cricket using sopcast....i had 300 kbps earlier and it did not let me watch any channels live...so when i got a chance i upgraded it to 600....i can watch you tube without pausing......128K wont let you watch nything live and u have to pause for some time before watching a youtube video........

If you have a Broadband speed of 128Kbps, you could see it, even with a buffring delay. Check your actural net download speed, for that just downloadsome file and see the transfer rate, if it is ok... then there my be the problem of your browser support. Check if the Flash is installed properly or not.

To add my two cents, sometimes when watching youtube, on some videos it seems to load fast without any problems on my connection, which is quite good, but for some videos, it seems to load very slowly, as if it's mirrored on some slow server ;]But I guess usually 512 kb/s is enough to watch youtube :D the better connection you have, the better it is for you. :)

128kbps is fast for me and fine I can watch online videos or video streams, maybe it is in your browser? and you are from where?

128 kpbd is fast ??? sounds great but I have 256 Kbps ADSL Internet connection but I can't see videos without buffering. By the way I am from Nepal and I use Firexfox 3.6 Browser to see online videos.

DAP or Download Accelerator Plus can speed up your download speed (not only youtube) by almost 200%. However you can only use it one download at a time and not for concurrent downloads because what it does is to make the browser instantiate many simultaneous connections to the server which in turn causes the browser to slow down on other tasks.

Im not sure what the speed is.. it seems to depend on your video?I just speed tested and i got 25mb/s down and 15mb/s up which is.. a lotI still find some videos loading slower than others, and i have to pause the video and wait for the whole thing to buffer before watching it; why?

I'm using 3G network (around 300 Mbps) and I can stream YouTube videos without problems. Of course, the HD videos will require buffering sometimes. The work-around is watching videos at around 10 PM to 9 AM when less people are using the network.