xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

how to save movie from handycam to my pc Sony Handycam

how to save movie from handycam to my pcSony Handycam

How to download software for transfer movie from handycam to my computer?

I have try to save movie from sony handycam to my pc but have no idea about this matter.Please help me.In my pc windowxp is installed. But what the procedure to save the movieMy sony handycam model - DCR HC 18EIn this matter wahich type of software use. Please know me what the procedure.

Question by hari

Although I didn't use the same camcorder, but I would suggest that you get yourself a copy of Nero Burning software and a firewire cable and try to find some Nero guides to help you on your way.

I also found this website that might be able to help you http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ thats the best I could find for this camcorder.

It's very easy. If your handycam records video on a small dvd disk then follow these instructions:1. After recording whatever you want, go to the functions of the camera and search for finalizing. If there is such option there, select it and follow the instructions in the screen.2. Go to *Start->computer-> the disk drive you put the disk in.* then you should have a folder named "video_TS" in there, double click it and it will open and you'll see a set of files named video_TS1 and video_TS2 and so on, the files have extensions like these: .vob .bup and another one that I can't remember.3. Copy and paste all the files to any location you desire.4. Erase the disk if you want to record more on it.If you cam records on a memory card or usb stick then follow these instructions:1. Remove the card/stick from the handycam and connect it with the pc.2. Do the same thing that you do to a dvd disk in step 2 above.3. Erase the stick/card if you want.DONE!!! Play the files on your computer!

Transfer video footage to my window 7 desktop computerhow to save movie from handycam to my pc

How do I transfer video footage to my computer and then to my facebook page to share? I have a desktop computer windows 7. I tape footage using 8mm video cassettes. I use my Sony handycam model CCD-TRV138. Please help me. 

-reply by Lisa Howard

Hi!I'm not really sure of what the handycam that you have supports, but here's a pretty generic summary of what you could do to get videos from your handycam to your computer and onto YouTube.Non-digital Handycams:If you still have one of those old camcorders that records onto tapes, you might be living in the stone ages judging by the camcorders that present dat technologies have to offer. Sure, you may have had the cutting edge, bleeding edge technology at one time, but face it, you've got to upgrade, just like you've upgraded your notebook or desktop computer, the way you've upgraded Microsoft Windows, and the way you've upgraded Microsoft Office.Still, if you do have old memories that you have stored on one of these babies, you could get a video card that support the outputs that your camcorder supports. Usually a TV tuner card or a high-end graphics card with an AV-in could help you capture the data and 'record' it in a digital format in the computer. After you've got the audio and the video into the computer, all you need is a video format conversion software that can get your videos into an almost universally recognized format but with a lower resolution, and perhaps also shorten the videos or divide the video into multiple files. YouTube sets limits on how long a video is, unless you have a content partnership deal or something similar with them. You might also want to try YouTube-alternatives, such as Vimeo.Digital Handycams without USB/FireWireWith a digital handycam that doesn't have a USB or FireWire interface, you must have got something that's almost a wannabe. I'm assuming your handycam has a DVD or a CD drive that the camcorder writes the files to - you can easily work with these by inserting them into your computer and having them sent across to your YouTube account. If you have non-standard media or something that your computer cannot read, you might have to get a reader for the type of media.A Modern-Day Digital Handycam with a Hard Drive and USB/FireWire InterfaceIf you've got one of these babies, you're in luck! All you need to do is hook up the camcorder to the computer and access it as though it were an external hard drive. But guess what - it is a real external hard drive because the camcorder contains something pretty similar to what you have within your computer. Your camcorder may store files in a video format that you may not be familiar with and that YouTube may not accept, so once again, you'll have to get a video format converter and splitter.For video conversion, splitting, and editing, you can get yourself a copy of Sony Vegas. Your camcorder may have included a free copy of some software, so check the box that the camcorder was sold in to look for CDs that you might have left in there. Some camcorders store their videos in MKV format that you may not be able to play on your computer - VLC player lags excessively when trying to play MKV videos but the Windows Media Player bundled with the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system works perfectly and you would get crystal clear video even on a large plasma or LCD display.ac