xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
puneye

Registry Edit Disable, No Task Manager And Folder Option

Here's Solution for:

Registry Editing has Been disabled by your administrator.

Task Manager has Been disabled by your administrator. and

No folder option on tool (Win Xp).

I suffer these problem about last one week. I searched on google to enable registry editing but not able to make it. Main Sympton was:

In win XP,

Start Menu -

Run -

Type regedit

then there's message comes

Posted Image

And My system shutdown automatically.

But still no solution.

I go from gpedit.msc from run.

But still these problem.

If you having tired these problem.

Now i got the solution.

First you have to Download this software(Antispyware)

Free and Best one is Superantispyware (free version) Download Link here.

Then Download this software

Update and scan your Computer Delete all Viruses.

You still not able to edit your registry setting .

there is still message of

Now go to

Start-

Run-

type gpedit.msc

User Configuration - Administrative Template - System -

Double Click on Prevent access to registry editing tools.

then set to Disable and ok

again set to Not configured and ok.

Now you can edit registry. Your registry problem has been solved.

I think it will help.

Now Task Manager Simply Go this website.

No folder option go this website

Think editing registry is your own risk. It may damage your system.

Great information here! I've had this issue in the past but I didn't know what to do to fix it and so I just reformatted.It's nice to know that there's a workaround now though, :P.I'm guessing the methods would be a little bit different for Vista, although the same general idea.

If anyone formatting, It decrease your Hard Disk Life.

No. Its not true. its just a myth. The modern hard drives can handle virtually unlimited read/write cycles without affecting the harddisk.

If anyone formatting, It decrease your Hard Disk Life.

Its old myth. Apparently i've formatted my old 20gb HDD at old PC like more than thousand times to test new release of linux / windows OS, and it still run pretty well :P

Well, thank you guys. All the infos. Above give me knowledge in the field of COMPUTERS! as fresh graduate computer engineer this is a good start for me to face the actual technology. Thanks guys!

I am having the same situation now... But..Registry Edit Disable, No Task Manager And Folder Option

I am now experiencing the same situation. No folder options, Cannot edit registry and Cannot view Task Manager. But the problem is, it also seem to prevent me to install another anti-virus software. I have AVG now in my system but it's seem to be invaded as it doesn't detect anything now, but it always shows its updated.

I hope someone can help me here. 

-question by frenchy

I am having the same situation now... But..

Registry Edit Disable, No Task Manager And Folder Option

I am now experiencing the same situation. No folder options, Cannot edit registry and Cannot view Task Manager. But the problem is, it also seem to prevent me to install another anti-virus software. I have AVG now in my system but it's seem to be invaded as it doesn't detect anything now, but it always shows its updated.

I hope someone can help me here.

-question by frenchy

I suffer above problems many time as you mentioned. The registry disable virus/worms/spyware doesn't detect by AVG. Norton, Avast. But it easily detect by Super antispyware. you can download free/trial version of it. download link is here simply download it update it then scan your computer fully. Then it will find virus something named unclassified msmg (sorry not actual). then delete it . Now you can do above method what i mentioned. Hope your computer works.

Thank you punye!Registry Edit Disable, No Task Manager And Folder Option

Bless your heart punye! This worked and now I don't have the issues and have also enabled my registry and folder options.Indeed it was a trojan and Super AntiSpyware detected and removed it.

By the way there is a command line to enable registry without having to run VBscript. I found it in this link. Bless his heart too. Link: REG add HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesSystem /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Link with instructions: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/63721-registry-edit-disable-no-task-manager-and-folder-option/

God bless!

I too had this problem. At that time my virus guard was avg 8 free edition. I didn't even bother to update it's database. (serves me right). My computer showed all the above mentioned symptoms. After that Even if I update AVG it wont scan properly. The virus somehow has impaired the AVG files. Only option was to format the darn computer. Lost all my files. After that I installed Kaspersky 2009 and to this date i have had no problems with viruses of that sort or any kind for that matter.

No Task Manager and No RegeditRegistry Edit Disable, No Task Manager And Folder Option

You have a virus (probably Boltox Virus I think)

Use Rrt.Exe (free version) (Google it)

Click All the empty boxes

Minimise Rrt.Exe

Edit registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionpoliciessystem

Click on "DisableTaskMgr" value data: = 0

Click on "DisableRegistryTools" value data: = 0

Do a Full Virus scan (with a non-free Virus Killer or it will come back when you reboot)

Voila

Your machine is clean and my work is done.

Make STDs (System Transmitted Diseases illegal)

-reply by thealien2000uk

bad monitor display after reformatting Registry Edit Disable, No Task Manager And Folder Option

the display on my monitor is almost unreadable after formatting. Tiny rainbow colors appears in whole screen. It was happenned after  I mistakenly deleted 2 files in registry, when I reboot the pc, Windows is no longer so I decide to reformat but troubol comes up, txt is almost unredable due to rainbow colors. Pls help!

-reply by earl